I'm Stuck?????

Susan12803
on 2/15/12 8:38 am - NY
I had my surgery on 11/30/12, and have lost a total of 60 lbs. BUT, now I'm stuck and have stopped losing for about 3 weeks. I just went back to work 2/2/12 and am more active but my loss has stopped. Has this happened to anyone else?? I go back to my doctor on 3/28/12 for my 3 month check and just was looking for advice/help.

debbie13
on 2/24/12 2:12 am - Cossayuna, NY
 Stalling is very common. Your body has to go through the "WTF" stage and adjust. That usually occurs at a couple months out. If it lasts more than a couple of weeks at this point you really need to take a look at what you are eating. Change up your exercise. If you've been doing the same routine day in day out, your body will remember that and not burn calories as effectively as it first did. It is also possible that you are not eating enough. Sound strange but you do need to eat to loose. 

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Father Don
on 3/1/12 6:24 am - Charleston, SC
What Deb said....

The body needs to "catch up" to the weight loss....

Look at it like a teeter-totter....with pounds on one side, inches on the other....

As you lose pounds, you won't lose inches....as the pounds slow down/stall, you lose inches...then you start losing pounds and (mostly) stop losing inches...it goes back and forth....

It's the best visual (May not be 100% accurate for EVERYONE), but it shows the point.

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics