Plastic Surgery and NYS Medicaid?

cupcakesnsmiles
on 4/20/12 12:51 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
Anyone have plastics approved with Medicaid? If yes which procedures? What were the requirements to get it covered? How long did it take to get approved? I live in Syracuse and have Total Care. Thanks!
debbie13
on 5/6/12 2:10 am - Cossayuna, NY
 Best place to start is with Total Care - call them and ask them those questions. Most typical insurances will look for documentation of  recurrent rashes and that the excess skin interferes with your daily life. Do not mention at all, no matter how tempted, that it affects your mental status. I have been told by someone that works for an insurance company in the prior approval area that if you tell your doctor something like that and he/she writes it down, you will NEVER get it covered by insurance. It automatically means in their eyes that you are looking at having it done for vanity reasons. Insurance will only cover if it is for health reasons. Most will only cover panniculectomy, front only or circumfrential. Breasts sometimes will get covered if the weight is affecting your life, not because the hang. Arms, legs, neck almost never get covered. 

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

Anita Jo
on 5/10/12 11:45 pm - Elmira, NY
 Will Medicaid cover the Mond area? I need it bad. now i lost more weight and it looks so horrable.Anita
Most Active
Recent Topics