Support Group near Celina, Ohio ???

misstina104
on 3/28/11 9:28 am - OH
I live in Celina, Ohio :) My RNY Surgery is April 4th ... as it is I am driving to Toledo, Ohio for the surgery  LoL ... which is a 2 hr drive for me ... but it ooookkkkk... it will allll be worth it   I was just wondering if there is any support groups more local than Dayton, Cincinati, etc?? Maybe Lima? I could do that (thats about 35 mins from me) or Greenville even? (thats maybe an 1 hr) ... just let me know!! Everyone online has been great! but it would be nice to get together once a month? or every few months to "get together" and chit chat 
sfmini
on 3/28/11 10:11 pm
Look through some of the older Ohio posts, seems to me there were some folks in Greenville who had wanted to get something together.

Cheryl D.
on 3/28/11 11:44 pm - Wapakoneta, OH
RNY on 06/15/11 with
There is a support group that meets at Lima Memorial Hospital on the third
Thursday of each month, at 6:00pm.  I am waiting on a surgery date, hopefully,
late May to June.  I am going to Bowling Green for my surgery, and I live in Wapakoneta.
I attended last months meeting.  Keep in touch and add me to your friends list.  We
all need someone to go through this together with. 

misstina104
on 3/29/11 1:04 am - OH
That is great!! I would love to chat sometime!!! I will add you right now! talk to you later!!
Cheryl D.
on 3/29/11 11:04 pm - Wapakoneta, OH
RNY on 06/15/11 with
Sorry I missed your chat last night.  I work 7p-7a, last night, tonight and tomorrow night.
I will be available Friday night.  Hope to talk to you then.

Cheryl D.
on 3/29/11 11:06 pm - Wapakoneta, OH
RNY on 06/15/11 with
The moderator of our group at Lima Memorial is from Celina.  He goes by codlover on OH.
mimaw99

Tammy H.
on 3/29/11 1:46 am - Greenville, OH
My friend Marlene and I are founders of a support group meeting called * Little by Little*...We meet the first Tuesday of each month in a church in Greenville...Meeting starts at 6:00 and last an hour, sometimes longer depending on what is going on at the time...

We have approx 10-12 active members, including a couple of men...Our 3 year anniversary party is coming up in May...You don't have to of had weight loss surgery in order to attend...We have 2 that hasn't had surgery...Its free, no membership fees...We do though put a basket out for money donations to help with the cost of making fliers, door prizes, supplies needed for parties...if you want to chip in thats great, if not, thats great too...We do have carry in's as we feel that we should be able to have celebrations, but we only allow healthy foods brought in...Every now and then we might start off the meeting with some fun exercises done to some oldie but goldie music...Its optional whether you join in on the exercises or not...You can bring your own drink to the meetings if you want...

Beings you live in Celina, if you take 127 south, you should be able to make it to Greenville within 35-40 minutes...If you would like more information, please feel free to message me...I can leave you my phone number if you would like to talk in person...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

misstina104
on 3/29/11 5:09 am - OH
How great!! Greenville is perfect and sooo much closer than Toledo!! I am so excited!! My surgery is April 4th so by May I should be feeling much better  ... Is family  welcome at meetings? My mom is my biggest support and I would love for her to come with me ?? I would feel fine about donations and bringing healthy treats!! I want to be a part of your group  ... What is the age range of your group members? I have an aunt who had gastric bypass 5 yrs ago and I will ask her if she would like to come also!!! I will add you to my friends list today!!!
Tammy H.
on 3/30/11 5:59 pm - Greenville, OH
Am glad that I came here and checked this posting, for some reason its not showing up in my email like it used to...

Yes family members are welcome to come...Please feel free to bring your Mom along, as well as your Aunt...The more the merrier...Our May meeting is our 3 year anniversary party, so we have more fun things planned that night...We have a girl that belongs to our group who has a beautiful voice and will be singing for us...Plus Marlene and I dress up as Wishy Washy Women and do skits, and if things work out, we will be doing a skit that night...

As far as age, our youngest is probably in the early 30's...oldest is in her late 60's ( I think)...We would love to have you in our group...Good luck with your surgery on the 4th...Be sure to take your measurements before you go...I never took mine and now I wish that I would have...I would just love to know how many inches Ive lost...

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask...Take care...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1136 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1512 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2394 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2294 views