Do you have Care Source?

rishow80
on 5/15/14 1:06 pm

If so could you please tell me everything that they require to approve surgery?  I Called care source and spoke with two different people who couldn't even pronounce words correctly and gave very vague details, basically  told me just a 9 month supervised diet and medically necessary. I know there is a lot more to it than that, such as blood work, mental exam, sleep study. But how many dietician/NUTs visits?  So please ANY help would  be great. Im in my 5 months of my 9 month diet, and I dont want to miss a beat getting stuff done efficiently. Feel free to private message me to share your story. Thanks P.S if you have gone through this in the Columbus are I would REALLY like to hear where you went/ what dr/ hospital.

~Take a second chance, give a second chance~

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ShadowWolf3
on 5/17/14 4:20 am - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

Do you have a surgeon yet?  I don't have Caresource I have Paramount but the medically supervised diet when you get about 4-5 months you should be able to set up an appointment with your surgeon to get started on your other things.  My surgeon requires sleep study, psych evaluation, cardio clearance (which I just got done with), diet history and some other things.  I live near Cleveland and having my surgery at University Hospital.  I did get the cardio clearance done early in case there was problems with my heart that will hold me up for surgery.  Since I have heart problems but I passed with flying colors.

I am on my 3rd month of medically supervised and can make my appointment with surgeon now.  I already have psych appointment made but usually they want you to see surgeon first.  Different surgeons have different ways they do things call their office to find out what you can start now besides the supervised diets.  I hope this helps a little but like I said you can only find out more by calling surgeon.  Good luck to you! 

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

rishow80
on 5/18/14 9:24 am

Thanks for the response.  I am going to a seminar June 11th, and I will know which doctor I plan to go with at that time.  Next month will make my 6 month on the supervised diet.  The doctor I see is a very special doctor in the bariatric field, there is only 3 others like him with the credentials that he carries.  He told me when I go to the seminar that's when everything will get rolling.  I meet with his dietician June 5th.  I haven't heard of anything about a cardio clearance, Ill have to add that to my list of questions I have for him. lol

Thanks for all your input.

~Take a second chance, give a second chance~

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ShadowWolf3
on 5/18/14 2:03 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

Good luck to you!

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

ang_newlife15
on 7/11/14 10:35 am - warrensville hts , OH

I currently have caresource they require 9 months /comorbities , what are requirements for paramount 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1119 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1499 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2380 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2283 views