Muscle Issue Question

Full of Life
on 3/21/11 9:38 am - Broken Arrow, OK
I'm almost six years out of rny. Doing great. Living life at goal and loving it.

But I'm having muscle issues. Yesterday I worked out in the yard for two hours. And this morning I couldn't hardly walk or use my arms. The muscles in my thighs and upper arms just burn (like after a huge work out) except I didn't do much. I raked some but didn't over do it. I'm exhausted today and have been in bed all day. I got up at noon and took a shower, but afterwards I was too tired to even sit in a chair I had to go lay down.

I am not taking vitamins right now.
I do get 80 -100 grams of protein per day... all from foods, chicken, tuna, tuna, tuna (love tuna). lol
I get at least 100 oz of water /ice tea per day

Other then that I don't really count carbs etc... anymore. I'm careful with them as my stomach doesnt tolerate much of them(the stomach still rules)

I can not drink milk at all... not even in Kashi cereal... I dump majorily every time...

any ideas???? 

Laurie
I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me

RNY 5-19-05      
hernia repair/tt 4-10-06
BW: 262 lbs     GW: 140 lbs     CW: 126 lbs

5 Day Pouch Test Graduate!!! I lost 5 pounds and feel GREAT

Patiurple
on 3/28/11 3:09 am - Wheatland, OK
The answer to this is in your statement..I am not taking vitamins...HELLO you had RNY remember? you body does not use everything you take in..you are suppose to being taking vitamins and mineral supplements. Im n ot a doctor but I can tell you this.. If I dont take my vits and such I have major muscle faitgue plus cramping..
being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
Happycat
on 3/31/11 9:26 am - Midwest City, OK
My best guess is that you are deficient in some of the minerals you should be getting in your vitamins.  Off the top of my head it sounds liks a B-12 issue to me-- but I am NOT a doctor!  I only see doctors.  You need to get in to see your doctor and get some lab work drawn.

It is possible this could be unrelated to your WLS and be something totally unrelated. At any rate, go see your doctor.  And, get back on your vitamins!

I have maintained for one year at this point.  I am steady at -120 pounds.  =)
40 pounds lost pre-op    
Crickett_1
on 4/16/11 7:11 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Taking your vitamins is a must. It is not even an option. You may get away with it for years but after the damage has been done from vit defienency it can't be fixed usually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJ-uIonwvE My Weight loss story 

Most Active
Recent Topics