How long did you have to wait until surgery date with Dr. Broussard?

imaginethat
on 5/6/11 4:39 am
 Hi, I am quickly approaching the end of my pre-surgery tests and requirements for Dr. Broussard at Weight Wise.  Once you have finished everything Dr. B required, did you have a long wait for the scheduled surgery?  I'm just trying to get an idea on how quickly the surgery will take place after tests are completed and the weight loss goal is reached.  I appreciate any responses.  :)
Happycat
on 5/7/11 1:47 am - Midwest City, OK
I used Dr. Walton but my surgery date was scheduled pretty fast once I met all the pre-op requirements.  I am 3 years out so I don't know if things have changed or not.  Good luck!  You  will be so happy you did this!!
I have maintained for one year at this point.  I am steady at -120 pounds.  =)
40 pounds lost pre-op    
imaginethat
on 5/7/11 9:01 am
 Hey, thanks for replying.  It's great to hear that things progressed quickly for you after all requirements were met.  I'm beyond excited to be getting my vsg!  The sooner the better!  :) 
vicki A.
on 5/7/11 10:57 am
I also used Dr. Walton and from first appointment to surgery date it was 5 weeks.
imaginethat
on 5/8/11 2:13 pm
 Hey, thanks for the comment.  Five weeks isn't too bad at all.  :)
vicki A.
on 5/9/11 12:10 am
This week is my 2 year surgery anniversary.  It has been the best thing I could have ever done.  My advice to you is to follow everything they tell you to do.  There are reasons for each thing you are told to do and they work.  Some are easier to follow than others, but the whole point is for this to  work and make your life better.  I wish you the best and can only hope you are where I am in 2 years.  Life is so much more fun.
imaginethat
on 5/9/11 8:41 am
 It thrills me that you have had such great luck.  Your comment gives me hope!  Thank you for responding.  :D
queen R.
on 5/9/11 8:18 am - enid, OK
My first appt is going to be 5 weeks from my surgery on May 24th.  I picked the date, so I bet it is FAST for you.  I'm paniced because I have to get the last 5 lbs off.  I've waited 5 years for this and afraid it will get cancelled....

imaginethat
on 5/9/11 8:45 am
 Jeri, I wish you luck in getting that final 5 lbs off!  I know it can be a struggle, but I have definitely started feeling more motivated as I approach the end of my testing requirements!  I do know some people at different clinics who are required to do a liquid diet for weeks at a time.  I'm at least grateful I wasn't required to do that at Weight Wise, haha.  
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 12:23 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
My first appt with Dr. Broussard was in March.  My surgery is scheduled for June 28, 2011. I am finishing up the requirments this wk.
Good Luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics