Any RNY Revisions?

Virgie Tschirhart
on 9/26/11 4:07 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi Everyone,  It's been a long time!!!

I know there are a whole bunch of Sleevers out there.  However,  I need to hear from the RNYs please. 

I am planning to get the RNY hopefully soon.  Just wanted to see if there was anyone else there that has had one as a revision.  I did not like the lap band.  I did not work with the sleeve ( I know it a tool)  because of emotional eating & Major Depression.  I'm seeing a Therapist. I am doing much better.  I have horrible Acid Reflux too.  I still have Type II Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol.

How do you like the RNY?   

I had the LB in 2008, VSG in 2009 (self pay)  Lost 30 lbs and gained back 15 lbs. 

Now if my insurance covers the RNY, I'm going to give this one last try...  Please no negative replies, I have had enough at the Revision forum.

Thanks. 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

adnerb
on 10/17/11 4:13 am
Hi, I cannot advise you on a revision to RNY, but I can tell you what I have experienced! I am not sure what negative responses you had on the revision board, sorry to hear that. I really dislike when people are negative and rude! I too am seeking a revision, but from RNY to DS. I had the RNY lap in 2000 and have had problems with hypoglycemia, weight gain and unable to take arthritis meds...etc. The RNY was not the best for ME...because of my problems, but if your insurance will cover the surgery, you have a surgeon *****commends it and you are prepared for the requirements of RNY, then you should go for it. Maybe the RNY can help with your acid reflux and other problems! Whatever you decide, I will be praying that it goes great and please keep us posted!
Brenda
Virgie Tschirhart
on 11/5/11 12:59 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Hi adnerb,
Sorry, it took so long for me to answer you. 

I have been debating on the DS and RNY.  I am really afraid of getting the RNY cause of the vomiting, dumping, unable to take IB Prophen, etc  and then end up gaining weight and having a 4th revision to  DS.  Soooooo,  I really am going towards the DS instead of the RNY. 

Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to get my medical records faxed to Dr. Daryl Stewart.  I noticed that you have his name as surgeon.  Thanks for the prayers too!!!   I wish you the best on your decision and a successful revision surgery and weight loss journey. 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Most Active
Recent Topics