Has anyone been approved for surgery that has Cigna PPO?

mommy2boyz
on 6/22/03 7:40 pm - Santa Clarita, CA
Hello, my name is Ann and I will be moving to Oklahoma in July, my soon to be husband has Cigna PPO and I would like to know if anyone has been approved for surgery with this insurance? If so, what type of surgery was it? Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. Ann
Angeline T.
on 6/23/03 6:07 am - Oklahoma City, OK
good luck they turned me down when i had the said i wasnt sick enough.........I was like well thats my point i am trying to avoid that....lol
Mendi M.
on 6/24/03 1:27 am - Choctaw, OK
Hi Ann, I have Cigna through my employer here in OKC. I worked closely with my surgeon, we faxed my information in and was approved in 24 hours. We were very thorough, my fax included MY letter to the surgeon outlining my weight history and diet attempts, plus my family history of diabetes. It also mentioned my sleep apnea, hypertension and other health problems that were weight related. Other information in the fax included the surgeon's recommendation, my pcp's referral, sleep test, pulmonary function test, and pre-surgery psych evaluation. I had the RnY and Cigna paid promptly. I wish things were moving as quickly for my reconstrtuctive surgery. Just call me miserable Mendi! Mendi
mommy2boyz
on 6/26/03 10:31 am - Santa Clarita, CA
Thank you for replying to my questions. I will take everything I was told under advisement. Ann Fernandez
Most Active
Recent Topics