On a Mission...

sammygirlwpc
on 7/18/03 10:11 am - Hood River, OR
Allright folks... have dropped off the face of the earth for a long long time. I haven't posted here in probably 6 months at least! I am 11 months post op and have lost... well, had lost... 150 pounds. I am freaking out because I have gained 12 in about 3 weeks. I posted a Q&A, but thought I might try it here, too. I have recently went off birth control. I also eat like crap and don't exercise. I have decided that I have come too far to make this a failure. Here's me plan... Start each day with protien (shake, meat, cheese, egg, or something with powder mixed in). Cut out all the snacking. When I feel the urge to snack, drink water, or snack on something like soy nuts or beef jerky. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Try to cut and measure the amount of food I intake. (by the way.. how much is a good amount for being 11 months out? TOTAL capacity for the pouch should be about what?) Get some movement in. I can't afford a gym, but I will try to pull out some Richard Simmons at least! Up my water intake to a minimum of 64 ounces, goal of 100. Make sure I am getting all my vitamins in. If I have indeed stretched my pouch out too far, can it be shrinked without surgery? For instance, can I fast or something for a certain time period and watch it really closely... will that help? I have a favor... I am not that good about checking back on here daily and if it is anything like it was before, I could never find any of anyone's answers I needed. If you have a suggestion for me, could you please e-mail me or put it on my surgery page? I would appreciate it. All the help and info I can get right now could help. Just out of curiousity... could some the weight be cause by going off the birth control? Could it be partial water gain? I have felt bloated lately and uncomfy. Please let me know!
Cindy M.
on 7/22/03 1:44 am
Leslie, I am pre op, so I cannot answer all of your questions. Congradulations for taking off the 150 pounds... Run don't walk to the nearest support group. I believe that is the way to go. I can't speak for everyone here, but for me I am a food aholic...I am addicted. I think that going to the meetings and supporting each other must be the way. I went to my first meeting on Saturday. I see the way that they support and answer each others questions. One thing that was mentioned at the support meeting. One girl that had had surgery said that her Mother had it back in the 80's. She said she did well and lost alot of weight.Since then she has gained about 40 pounds....In May she began to drink a protein shake in the morning and at lunch, and did not change any of her eating habits. She lost 18 lbs since May...It may be a great idea to increase your protein, and just move a little. That is easier said than done, or I wouldn't be where I am today.But like you said you have come too far to blow it now.... Now about those birthcontrol pills... I don't know if you could gain weight going off of them unless of course you are pregnant ;) Just teasing.... Hope that you get some answers here....Have a great day Cindy Mathes
Most Active
Recent Topics