Looking for opinions on surgeons

Dedra A.
on 7/20/03 7:20 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I am in the process of going through the hoops my insurance company requires in order to qualify for WLS. I have narrowed the field of surgeons down to the following: Ronnie Keith Russell Hanan Mason Jett Herbert Meites Henry Pearce Any information will be greatly appreciated.
classydame1
on 7/21/03 1:05 am - Seminole, OK
I have heard great things about Ronnie Keith. A friend of my husbands had the surgeon Mason Jett. I was not impressed with his information that he gave him and also Baptist is not the best hospital for bariatric aftercare. The friend is still having problems and is so uninformed about the surgery and aftercare that I question the Doctors program. I used Dr. Gorospe in Tulsa. I really don't care for his personablility but his skills I have no doubt on. The hospital Southcrest is in my opinion A+. The 3rd floor is set up for bariatric patients only and the nursing staff are trained to provide care especially for our needs. Matt Borosque is suppose to have better bedside manners. I have no idea his program. Patti
Terri C.
on 7/23/03 9:52 am - Enid, Ok
I have Dr. keith, he is a wonderful Dr. I am still pre-op but I've gone to the seminar and listened to him talk and everyone who has had him has said great things about him! here's a great group of Oklahomans that are either having it done or have had it done and alot of them are Dr. keith's patients. . http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Living_Our_Dream/ They can give you answers on probably all of the Dr.s you've listed. good luck, terri
Angela D.
on 7/24/03 1:33 am - Stillwater, OK
Dr. Pearce did my surgery, and he did a great job! I had no complications and I have already lost 110 pounds since January 20, 2003. He is very easy to talk to and he takes the time to let you know what is going to happen during the surgery and what to expect afterwards. He performs surgery at Edmond Medical Center. I received excellent care there! You can't go wrong with Dr. Pearce!
Mendi M.
on 7/24/03 6:53 am - Choctaw, OK
Pearce has been training - Dr Carter and two others have been working with him (but I can't remember their names, maybe Floyd is one??!). Thomas and Torturo out of Mercy - they offer the VBG, ABG, and the RNY I understand (I think they've even performed a DS!). I had Shires. I've heard good things about Keith (and Spencer, is it?). I think Jett and Hannan only do VBG - and Hannan has quite a waiting list. Pearce and Shires only do the RNY...Make sure you ask about pouch size and amount bypasses up front, as well as after care. Good luck!
Deb G.
on 7/26/03 1:43 pm - Asher, OK
Hi Dedra, I had Dr. Hanan do my surgery on May 13, 2003. I just cant tell you how knowledgable and compassionate he is about obesity and this surgery. I know it took awhile to get mine approved, but I really am glad it took awhile to get approved. I needed the time to really preapare myself for the change I was fixing to make. Dr. Hanan's staff are the utmost professionals I have ever dealt with. they are so helpful and supportive all through this and are more so since the surgery. I had the lap band and have done very well so far. Dr. Hanan monitors your progress very, very carefully and watches other post op complications if you have any... I had the surgery at St. Anthony's and the nurses were top notch. It was a very good experience for me all the way around. Hope this helps you in making a good decision for yourself. Best of luck in your adventure. Debbie
Lou Ann C.
on 8/20/03 5:05 am - Norman, OK
I would not recommend Mason Jett, not because he isn't a good doctor particularly, but his is very abrupt, not a good side bed manner at all. He did a surgery on me and I will not ever use him again. Dr. Pearce did surgery on a friend of mine and she absolutely loved him. She couldn't say enough good. I would definitely look seriously at him. Good luck. Lou Ann
Super M.
on 8/22/03 6:45 am - Tinker, AF
Dr Keith is the best. His office takes care of the insurance. Approvals are fast. Mine was 2 hrs. and the surgery date can be as close as 3 weeks away from approval date.
Most Active
Recent Topics