need help quick!!

JANET L.
on 7/23/03 4:53 pm - SALLISAW, OK
I have tried for over a year to have this surgery. My husband works at Whirlpool &there is a provision in our insurance that will not cover gastric bypassat all.My DR. HAS WROTE ALL KINDS OF LETTERS. I feel like there is no hope left. I cannot afford the 15,000 out of my pocket.Does anyone have any suggestions?
Mendi M.
on 7/24/03 6:55 am - Choctaw, OK
Janet, first make sure your insurance has a specific exclusion for WLS. Mine did not cover treatment for obesity, but did cover my surgery based on medical necessity. If their exclusion is specific, you may want to look into an individual plan. I know at least one person who had purchased insurance specifically to have her RNY, but I've lost touch with her. Don't despair and good luck to you. Hang in there!
Deb G.
on 7/26/03 1:32 pm - Asher, OK
Hi Janet, I had to quit a job with the state of Ok to ever get the surgery done, so I have been through what you aregoing through now. I got a new job and the insurance is Aetna. I had to have my PC doc and surgeon both send letters of medical necessity and diet history. I was feeling hopeless until these guys pitched in & got it done... I also drove them( Aetna) nuts until they said yes. I am pretty stubborn. It took almost 8 months to get approval, but I had surgery on May 13th in OKC with Dr. Russ Hanan and it has gone great so far./ He only does the lap=band and Aetna will only approve the lap band surgery. I have lost 70 so far and feeling great. No post op problems either. My e-mail is dcgregg@lakewebs. net if I can help you anymore with info let me know. Keep trying and dont give up. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics