Did everybody feel this nervous?

SHELLI J.
on 8/2/03 12:03 am - NORMAN, OK
I just turned in all of my info. and am waiting on the insurance company to approve me. I went for an echo. yesterday, but I'm so nervous. Everyday I go back and forth wondering if I'm really doing the right thing or if I should just try harder on the next diet. I'm worried about the echo., but I keep telling myself that if they do find something wrong then that would actually be a good thing because we can fix it now. I also worry about what is going to happen 50 years from now. Then I tell myself I might not be alive in 50 years if I don't have this done. Anyway, I guess my real question is, am I normal? Did everyone do this or am I just so insecure with my decision making that I doubt myself? Thanks for your response. Shelli
cindyl57
on 8/2/03 12:44 am - Moore, OK
Shelli, I am also playing the waiting game, and am very nervous....I try not to think about the memorial page here. I go there sometimes just to pay honor to those of us that did not make it. I think that if something goes wrong and I don't make it will my family hate me for doing this. That I will have failed them. I think of my Parents, My husband, my children and grandchildren. But if I don't do something now, my husband and my children will suffer. I will not be able to do anything with them.... So it goes. I know that this is the right thing for me. I just have to trust in the lord that he will get me through this. I told my Mom, You know the Lord and Know that only he knows our time. It won't make a difference if I am laying on that table or walking down the street or laying in bed sleeping, if he calls me home, I am going...... I hope that you find out soon about your insurance. I expect to hear next week. I am hoping it is good news. I think I could possibly have a date late August or September if it is.... Good Luck Shelli, Cindy
classydame1
on 8/3/03 1:24 pm - Seminole, OK
I had the surgery April 15, 2003. If you weren't nervous and questioning yourself about having this surgery, I would really be worried. I was ready to bolt up until the time I was put under for the surgery. I still questioned myself for doing this the first day after surgery. I was so worried I had done the wrong thing, but when I saw my family and friends, I knew that I wanted more time with them. Being Super Obese, I was destined to die early in life from complications of the weight. 4 months later and 80 pounds lighter, with the energy of 10 women, no medications anymore, and feeling great, I wouldn't go back for anything. Doubt is normal...Just make sure you are doing this for yourself, your well being, and your health...You will do fine...talk later, patti
pris M.
on 9/14/03 3:33 pm - bristow, ok
hi shelli i had the surg. march 31 of this yr, i guess i wasnt really nerous about haveing it done . because i had set in my head that it was do or die. and i didnt wanta feel bad about myself any longer, or made fun of. i was so depressed, and didnt want anyone to see me . cause of how i looked any more. i had really gave up on myself . but after i had it done , i cant say it was easy at all. cause it was the hardest thing i have ever done in my life. as far as eating . like keeping myself from eating things . cause i still wanted and craved the food i use to eat, that was the hardest for me. but now i look back and its just so amazing. and hard to beleive. iam wearing close that i thought i would never wear . and iam proud to show myself . and its a wonderful feeling . see i saw my mom and she is very big and always in pain and i was so worried it was going to be me . but now i know i will never be that way. but i do worry about my mother cause she dont have insurce and cant have it done , and she is now where she cant even hardly walk, she weights 400 +. i pray there will be some way for her to have this done soon. and when she does i will be there for her all the way. and i think god for my wonderful husband cause i couldnt have made it without him . i was 235 and iam now 140. i feel so much better ,i can walk and not hurt at all. i feel like iam somebody again. and iam praying for u. dont worrie . u can do it to. its so wonderful. its the best thing i could have ever done for myself. happy days pris
Most Active
Recent Topics