how many alories did your surgeon tell you nto eat after surgery?

angmarrospro
on 3/29/11 3:52 am - st.joachim, Canada
VSG on 04/23/13
i just want to get as many people to input as possibe as i am currently waiting for my initial appointment and am trying to loose the weight one last time myself. could you please tell me how many calories your surgeon/doctor told you to eat each day? thankyou your help would be appreciated.
mom4life
on 3/29/11 3:54 am - Port Rowan, Canada
My doctor never told me calories, never mentioned the word.  I think the thought is that you can eat so little after surgery and they desperately want you to get your protein in first, so you almost can't overdo the calories.

I typically eat around 800 though.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 4:25 am - Toronto, Canada
In my orientation session, the dietician said they wouldnt give us a calorie range to shoot for.  She said it's all about protein first and making healthier choices overall. 

During my first appt. with the surgeon he said the same thing.  No calorie counting, make better choices.
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 4:57 am - Canada
No calories.

At least 60g of protein a day, try to get under 30g of carbs and as low fat as possible.

At least 45 mins of moderately strenuous exercise (ie a good quick walk to get the heart rate up and sweat) a day.

I'm averaging 800 calories a day these days 4 months post  surgery.
kellybelly333
on 3/29/11 6:23 am - Toronto, Canada
I'm almost a week post-op, so still in the liquid diet phase. I'm keeping track of everything on My Fitness Pal with my Iphone....mostly because it's easy to put everything in. It yells at me for eating too little calories, but I still use it. Yesterday I had 480 calories.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

jdance
on 3/30/11 1:03 am - Canada
I took the diet the nut gave me and ran the numbers.
It was 600 calories a day.
I'm still averaging between 800 to 1000 a day, definately under 1000 at all times, can't eat more than that anyway.

But 40% protein 30% carbs, 30% fats is what i strive for each day.

Protein = 80to100 grams.

Most Active
Recent Topics