Calories at 6 Months

Andrew Thompson
on 4/7/11 8:41 pm - Canada
How many calories are you taking a day after 6 months?

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/7/11 9:37 pm
I don't count calories...my focus is protein from food (with lower sugar and fats) and fluids.
That's basically it.
Leanne1
on 4/7/11 10:10 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I just had my 6month follow up and my nutritionist said to eat between 1500 to 1700 calories per day.
I generally eat 1000 to 1300 per day and the odd day (I find the days that I work really hard), I eat 1500ish calories.
I also weigh and measure just about everything I eat.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

bmom
on 4/7/11 10:21 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I am at 13 mos post op, still not lost all i should be.(have lost 150 lbs) still need to lose maybe 30 more.
Was at the NUT last month, she said i should be still at 500-700 cals a day.
Until i am on maintenance.
I was like wow! I have been counting now. and am eating 1200. No wonder i am not losing fast anymore. It is very hard to get down to this now! Its been slow now.
Brenda

Down 158 pounds since Dec. 09 ---Down 128 since surgery    
(HW-360 * SW 330 * CW 202* GW-175
)  ( Monday April25-204-Monday Aug22-202)    I own it!!
Previous mini goal hit Mar7----> To be 210!        Next mini/BIG goal --------------> To be 199!!!
BIG GOAL OF 225 OF WEDDING WEIGHT (25yrs ago) MET DEC 15/10
NEXT BIG GOAL ONEDERLAND BABY!!! New pic will shown then! :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Joyce J.
on 4/7/11 10:45 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Brenda

Wow, I am shocked LOL. I am not a nutritionist(and don't play one on tv LOL), but I have been on many diets and 500-700 is very low. I'm surprised you even get all your protien in
In my experience, when you eat that low, unless you do it for the rest of your life you are going to gain weight if you increase those as well

I really hope it works for you. After being on Dr B diet years ago I don't think I could every go that low again LOL

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

bmom
on 4/7/11 10:47 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I was in shock too. I had a hard enough time maintaining 1200. I have been losing all along, and yes now a year later am slowing down. Yes i am eating more. But in real life thinking here, id rather be going slow near the end and eating at 1200, then starving myself at 500 and desperately wanting all the food i cannot have! Yes we are here to lose wieght, but i want to be able to take it with me for life too. not just a fad get the pounds off.

Down 158 pounds since Dec. 09 ---Down 128 since surgery    
(HW-360 * SW 330 * CW 202* GW-175
)  ( Monday April25-204-Monday Aug22-202)    I own it!!
Previous mini goal hit Mar7----> To be 210!        Next mini/BIG goal --------------> To be 199!!!
BIG GOAL OF 225 OF WEDDING WEIGHT (25yrs ago) MET DEC 15/10
NEXT BIG GOAL ONEDERLAND BABY!!! New pic will shown then! :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Karen M.
on 4/7/11 10:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I was thinking that 500-700 was awfully low for someone a year out.  I think what you're eating is fine - and it's working for you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 4/7/11 11:47 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Sounds like the 1200 works for you. You are doing great, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with slow

Keep up the good work

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

KaylaJ
on 4/7/11 11:43 pm - Cambridge, Canada
My nut said dont count calories aslong as the weight is still comming off at the perfect amount not to fast not to slow i dont need to count so i would talk to ur nut

Proud member of Cambridge crew!!!

jdance
on 4/8/11 12:26 am, edited 4/8/11 12:26 am - Canada
I pretty much stay between 800 to 1000 until i hit goal. And then, I don't know, I have my one year appt in June and will find out the number at that time. I tend to count calories when i'm having trouble losing or getting off track,  But i pretty much eat the same quantity all the time and am still losing at least 1lb a week at 9 1/2 months out.

Actually i'm losing more than that, i usually lose between 6 to 9lbs a month.

Most Active
Recent Topics