Third day post-op ... just got home

Gabygee
on 4/6/11 7:41 am - Canada
I'm fairly weak, and and lethargic and slow, and of course my tummy feels like somebody used it as a punching bag - but other than that I'm doing okay.

Hard to remember the intake, when you're used to "three squares" a day.

Not looking forward to the possible complications (constipation, pain, dumping, stircture etc.) but will deal with each as it comes along.

Took me years to get to this size, I guess the cure won't happen overnight either.

So I'm officially "on the bench" (what does that mean, anyway?)

Leanne1
on 4/6/11 8:20 am - Newmarket, Canada
Glad you are home.. It gets better everyday I was exactly where you are (lb-wise) I have officially lost 100lbs You'll get to your goal too Follow the post-op plan that your dietician gave you and you should do great
Keep asking questions if you need to.. We are all here to help

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

sam1am
on 4/6/11 8:21 am
Congratulations and welcome to the "bench".  It's the loser's bench as in weight loser's bench and it's a great place to be!  I hope you have a fast recovery with no complications!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Eileen C.
on 4/6/11 8:35 am - Cornwall, Canada
Yeh!!!

Welcome to the Loser's Bench

You'll do great

Just to note, not everyone has complications, or strictures, etc.remember to walk, sip, walk, sip etc,

Sending you healing hugs your way  

Take care and keep posting and let us know all your WOW's

Eileen  
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
irol770
on 4/6/11 9:32 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 Congrats!  I found the first 2 weeks to be the hardest.  Not because I had any real problems or anything, but mostly because I didn't know if all the new feelings I was having were "normal" or not.  (Turns out they were) It was hard to know if the pain was normal-to-be-expected pain or if there was something wrong.  Or was my discomfort because I was doing too much, or not doing enough.  Should I give in to my desire for a nap or fight it and sleep at my normal time.  And trying to remember to get in enough liquid and protein was difficult only because I didn't feel hungry and I did nap during the day and I could only sip little bits at a time.

However, it slowly starts to return to normal...or what will become normal.  And you realize that everything is going just as it should.

Now I am just over a year post-op and I've lost 115 lbs.
Glitter Text Generator

Karen M.
on 4/6/11 10:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
Welcome home Gaby.  And give Wendy hell, she didn't email me about how you were doing. LOL  HUG

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 4/6/11 8:44 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
dont worry about complications. worry brings stress, stress is hard on the body. Just expect that you won't have any. (i wouldnt count constipating as a complication, its a way of life. take some milk of magnesia)

you'll do fine. Just keep your head up, sip and walk.

Marny B.
on 4/7/11 12:00 am - Canada
Gaby!  So glad to hear that you are home.  Don't worry, each day gets a litttle better.  Keep moving if you can.  that will help with the gas pain, and prevent some of the possible complications.  When I got home, after I had a good long rest,  I tried to make sure I was up once an hour to either walk around the house  or outside to walk around the block--VERY slowly.  :)

Good luck.  Can't wait to see all of your results when you are ready to get back to cawfee group.  Take care.

~Marny

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics