Do the Foamies ever stop?

Gabygee
on 5/13/11 2:37 pm - Canada
I am still (6 weeks post-op) having trouble if I ingest too fast or just one bite too much.
I suffer from the Foamies, which is going to be difficult to manage discreetly when I go back to work on Monday.

Doe they get less over time?
Somebody please tell me they do!

Joy D.
on 5/13/11 2:42 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 not for me unless i don't eat then i don't get them or upset pouch with an attitude ..lol sry 

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

flyingwoman
on 5/13/11 3:32 pm
They do... sorta... for most.

I often have the same issue, so I pick lunch foods that will minimize the possibility of badness. Soup is a favorite, cottage cheese and fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, that kind of thing.

Over time, you will likely get better sensation in your stomach and you will likely get better at stoping before the point of foamies.
Karlalala
on 5/13/11 6:22 pm - London, Canada
I agree with flying woman!  You will get more used to knowing when enough is enough so the incidences where you have the foamies will slow down.  I still get them occasionally but only when I have eaten poorly.

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Lisa_Toronto
on 5/13/11 10:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
At six months I get them very rarely.  Flying Woman's suggestion is right on - take really safe foods for lunch and your work snacks.

Good luck Monday Gaby.  Be prepared for the Big Wow!

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Karen M.
on 5/13/11 10:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada
They do.  It takes time to learn when NOT to take that last bite. When you think you might be done, BE done.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mallory
on 5/14/11 12:12 am - Toronto, Canada
Like the others said plus if you burp, you are done.

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Karen M.
on 5/14/11 12:38 am - Mississauga, Canada
Or if your nose runs!

P.S.  Hi Mal!  xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mallory
on 5/14/11 12:45 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Karen!  *waves*

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

bellamia 1976
on 5/14/11 12:14 am - Canada
I get the foamies pretty bad when I eat Tuna - the clininc here in Ottawa told me to try it a few times in which I did and all 3 times I vommitted it all back up until every last bite was out - and I managed to take only about 2 or 3 bites!!! I am 3 months post op and it still happens to me ! Gravol is still my best friend for now but I have suffered complications with my surgery since the first day so it will be awhile before I heal 100% even if I ever do!!

Its going to be trial and error for awhile but when going to work I would stick with lighter foods that dont effect you in anyway! It sux to be at work and feeling sick afterwards!! Whoever said this was easy was DEAD wrong!!!

Good Luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics