Few thing I noticed since weight loss....how about you?

Ruth E H.
on 5/29/11 1:02 am - Renfrew, Canada
Hi.  After losing 125 lbs. there are a few little wow's that make me smile....

It takes a lot less time to iron clothes when you go from a size 3x and 24 to a size XSmall and 2!

The other day, hubby and I were shopping - I was hungry so I grabbed a few pretzels out of the bag we bought at shopping while heading into another store.  I would NEVER EVER have done that before!  I would have always been self-conscious thinking people were saying, "look at her stuffing her face - no wonder she's so fat".

Minor little things - but make me smile nonetheless.

How 'bout you?

Ruth

Monica M.
on 5/29/11 3:37 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i hate ironing!!! that's another reason why i want to get to a smaller size.

Restaurant booths no longer scare me.

I have to get in the habit of not forgetting my doggie bags, tho.

Ruth E H.
on 5/29/11 6:26 am - Renfrew, Canada
Hi Monica - I HATE ironing, too, so I really noticed the difference in time when ironing after getting to goal :)

Doggie bags for sure.....either that or I hand my plate over to my hubby - but now he has a little pot from all the extras!

ladydi1234
on 5/29/11 4:46 am - Canada
We went to the theatre and I fit into the seat!
My boobs don't sweat underneath as much..yahhhooo
I am no longer afraid of breaking chairs
Food is no longer all that I concern my self with
I might let someone take my picture
I might get in a bathing suit soon - without someone saying "harpoon that whale" funny but it hurt!
SURGERY DATE                  MARCH 11 2011               
Just let me get through one more day!

Ruth E H.
on 5/29/11 6:28 am - Renfrew, Canada
Woo Hoo!

Yeah, I remember the itchy rash under the boobs days :)

Yes, for sure, get yourself in a bathing suite - and as far as someone saying harpoon that whale?  wow, too bad you had to hear that - not nice.

R

gigglesAlot
on 5/29/11 7:20 am
I wake up in the morning feeling a peace and calm in regard to food.   I don't worry that I will not be able to stick to the plan for the day and not be able to conquer my all-consuming cravings.  Don't get me wrong, at times, I still have to deal with head hunger and poor eating. . . . . . .but I don't beat myself up the same way I did before.  I simply get back on track and 'chalk it up' to living and learning. 

What a gift I have been given!
Barb-giggles
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
Ruth E H.
on 5/29/11 8:38 am - Renfrew, Canada

I know exactly what you mean - what a great feeling.

I am thankful every day for this gift.  Wow.  What a change in our lives, right?

ericaFG
on 5/29/11 7:36 am - Cambridge, Canada
A few things  I like...
- being able to wrap a hotel towel around me
- forgetting my coat/bathing suit/pj's etc. at a friends house - and being able to borrow theirs.  Or their teenage daughter's....
- never feeling like people are "analyzing" and judging my grocery cart purchases - not matter what I buy that week
- never feeling that dread of having to make up a fake excuse for not joining my friends on some fun/grand adventure, when the real truth is that I didn't think I could do it physically, or be able to fit in the seats, etc.

A few things I don't like...
- hearing my fat friends say self-deprecating things about themselves  - and realizing I used to do that.  And also feeling bad that I can no longer commiserate...
- having to care about what I look like when I go out to the store etc. - because people actually look at me now.  And remembering that, at one time, I was invisible.
- always having to remember that "normal" means watching what I eat for the rest of my life...being mindful of my eating.  I used to think "if I get thin - I'll never have to diet again!".  Now I realize - thin people "diet" - they eat mindfully, they watch the junk food - they plan for special events and eat well leading up/after, exercise more etc. etc.

Overall - this has been a fantastic journey - but I don't feel like I'm at the end - only that I'm just beginning.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Ruth E H.
on 5/29/11 8:44 am - Renfrew, Canada
Erica.....yes, I can relate to the towel going all the way around the body - that never happened before :)   What a great feeling.
and you are so true........we must always be mindful of what we eat - this is no free ride but boy, what a fantastic tool.  I know I would never had done it without it - and now that I am here and am happy and healthy, I will make sure that I will always respect this tool and work it each and every day.

Ruth

Eileen C.
on 5/29/11 12:09 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Ruth

First thing I notice, is that people I know but haven't seen lately, don't know me anymore until they

hear my voice and then the realization shows on their face and then they don't know what to say to

me LOL

I can tie my laces, cut my toenails, paint my toenails, buy clothes at regular stores, want to wear

more makeup, dresses and bracelets, am cold most of the time and don't sweat like I use to and I

can dance the night away and still feel great at the end of the night LOL.

People tell me that I look younger, which is always nice to hear, but how old did I really look before I

lost weight LOL

Good question and topic

Also wanted to say, that you are rocking your surgery, you look fantastic

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics