Postal Strike

pinkjellybean
on 6/16/11 12:12 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
This blasted postal strike better not prevent me from getting my orientation letter!  I'll be pretty miffed if I miss my orientation date as a result!  Grrrr!  

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

JJ_
on 6/16/11 12:14 am
Someone posted just yesterday that they received a phone call instead of the letter.  The hospitals are aware of the current postal situation :)
Karen M.
on 6/16/11 12:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
I would assume that the centre has a strike plan in place should it occur - we certainly do here at work i.e. not mailing cheques, phoning people instead of sending documents, using email instead, etc..

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 12:20 am - Toronto, Canada
You can call the hospital to confirm when the orientation is.  I'm sure they're getting plenty of calls from people in the same situation.
pinkjellybean
on 6/16/11 12:26 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I kind of thought that they'd call if it was my turn but still the thought of getting the letter in the mail was so exciting!  Heee hee. 

The thought crossed my mind because when I spoke to TWH the other day the girl told me to watch my mailbox - any day now....and then I thought wait a minute there's a postal strike!  : )

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 12:50 am - Canada
I'm waiting on my medic alert bracelet and yes it is coming through Canada post.  Me thinks it's going to be a very long wait. But I would certainly call the weight loss clinic and give them an email address, that way you can always be reached no matter what. Good luck.
on_my_way2011
on 6/16/11 1:48 am - Canada
It is frustrating.  I have more than one job, but the main one only pays monthly by cheque...which was mailed last Wednesday!!  Of course it didn't arrive before the lockout, so who knows how long it will take to get here :(

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 2:12 am - Canada
Wow, I feel for all those people *****ly on the mail for their pays, especially those with children. Hope this mess gets cleared up soon for you guys.
Rachel O.
on 6/16/11 3:31 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
I got mine in a phone call way before the strike even happend. I am sure you will get a call and not a letter.
kaleena
on 6/16/11 4:09 am
Just so you all know the only cheques that will be delivered are ODSP Pension and child tax credit...
As for the Strike I hope it ends soon ..
My Dad  is a Canada Post Letter Carrier for over 30 years and as we speak is walking the picket line.. he did tell me last night that if the Government legislates them back to work it will be 48 hrs from then.. if it happens today then monday they would be back to work.. either way those cheques i previously mentioned will be delivered on Mon .. regardless...

Most Active
Recent Topics