Is there a support group in or around Etobicoke?

Judy L.
on 7/26/11 5:03 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi,  I don't have a surgery date yet but have seen the sw, dietician and surgeon. Am waiting (not so patiently) for my appointment with the internist.  Then will be given surgery date.  Was wondering if there was a group in or around the Etobicoke area.  Would love to join and get some information from people who actually know what you are going through. 
thanks
Judy
mollyandboo
on 7/26/11 5:25 am, edited 7/26/11 5:27 am - Canada
Hi Judy,
  If there was a group, I haven't found  it.. but there are surely enough people in the area for a good coffee night meeting...let me know what you think..I am in the former city of York.

Sheri

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/26/11 5:44 am - Windsor, Canada
Just click on my profile for the list.

Anyone who runs a support group - if you aren't on there, please message me with your info.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

balou
on 7/26/11 8:48 am - toronto, Canada
Hi Judy , I use to run a group at the driftwood community centre but i stopped it because not enough people coming , I live at Jane and eglinton arrea and can start a group in that area let me know ,or we can meet for coffee one on one 

Anna

Judy L.
on 7/26/11 10:50 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the quick responses!

Sheri/Anna a coffee group might be the way to start and see if others are interested.  I would love to meet for coffee, I am so excited about having the surgery but then I start thinking 'what if I can't do it', 'what if I lose it then gain it all back like I did with all the other things I tried'.  Just need to know if anyone else gets these feelings before surgery, and meet some people who have actually won this battle! 

Dawn, thanks for the link.

Karen M.
on 7/26/11 11:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada
You're also very welcome to attend Mississauga Cawfee Talks if you care to come west.

We're meeting tomorrow night at 6:30 at Tim's on Lakehsore in Clarkson (1785 Lakeshore Rd. West).

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics