TWH****appts.

Semismom
on 8/31/11 4:48 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
I finally made it to the orientation class last week at TWH.  It took 5 months from my referral date.  I'm very excited as the process has started but still a bit disappointed that I now have to wait another 3.5 months for my next set up appts.  I have called the clinic to see if there is a sooner date available, still waiting for a response.   The timelines seem to vary so much from person to person.  Thanks to all for the support

I'll just have to be more patient!! lol

Referral:  March 2011                         Orientaion:  August 2011
MAD-Dave
on 8/31/11 4:54 am - Canada
Hey Kelly,

The spacing between your appointments are similar to mine.

My orientation was on 19 July and my next set of appointments (Social Worker and Nurse) are on 17 Oct.

I called Patrice and asked her if she could move my appointments up. She said that if i was willing to split up the appointments they could move one of them up.  I decided to leave them the way they were.

The week before my next appointments, I'll call Patrice and ask if they can make my next appointments sooner rather than later.

Good Luck....Dave.....
Orientation: 19 July 2011     Nurse/SW: 17 Oct 2011 Nutrition Class: 22 Nov 2011
Dietician/Psychiatrist: 24 Nov 2011 Surgeon: 9 Jan 2012  PAATS: 1 Mar 2012
Surgery: 23 March 2012
Dave...

jhpby
on 8/31/11 5:22 am - Oshawa, Canada
call every couple days to see if they have had any cancellations. i managed to get all my appointments moved up.
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Brenda T.
on 8/31/11 5:55 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
The waiting has got to suck, I dread that part and I haven't even gotten my referral yet. lol
Things are on the move for you, hang in there.
Brenda
pinkjellybean
on 8/31/11 7:55 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I've got a feeling that TWH is getting a little busier these days as people's appointments seem to keep getting further and further away from their orientation.  When I had my orientation on June 30 my first apppointmetn was for the third week of July (although I had to postpone it due to vacation).   I think maybe they did a bunch of orientations and now they are pretty filled up so the wait time is a little longer.  

I really wanted to have Katie as my dietician and that is who I have my appointment with on October 20th so I kind of want to keep it that way otherwise I would be calling to get into a cancellation because Patrice was so kind about it the other day when I called.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Semismom
on 8/31/11 8:42 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Thanks for all the responses.  I would rather keep my appts on the same day so I can keep the cost down on the travel expenses.  Dec. 15th it is.   Did anyone get a list of tests that needed to be done?  I am getting some blood work (basic stuff) including H. Pylori, but there was no mention in the orientation class for anything else.  I would like to keep the delays to a minimum if possible.

Referral:  March 2011                         Orientaion:  August 2011
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 9:43 am - Guelph, Canada
 wow thats fast consider yourself lucky...

I am in Guelph..

Referal from doc July 2010
orientation April 2011 
first set of appointments Aug 2011
second set of appointments september 2011

total wait tome so far and i am no where near surgery (or so Im told) 14 months
JennF
on 8/31/11 9:08 pm
Yes, Guelph is about a 2 year wait from refferal to surgery and the wait keeps getting longer.
Kim O.
on 8/31/11 9:27 pm - Windsor, Canada
You will need an abdominal ultrasound, an Upper GI and a Sleep Apnea test for sure, as well as some bloodwork. After that, it depends on the patient.
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

pinkjellybean
on 8/31/11 10:37 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
This is true for some hospitals but not for all.  TWH does not do all of these things automatically.  At your nurses appointment you will have an intense medical history done as well as the nurse will review your referral from your own doctor, check your blood pressure, listen to your heart and lungs, feel your stomach etc; You will also be asked questions about your sleep patterns and have your neck measured which will assess your need for a sleep apnea test.  After all of this is done the nurse will tell you which tests you need to have done - if any.

In my case I did not need to have any further testing done - and they used my blood work from my last physical which was a few months ago as their baseline.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics