My bariatric turn on the south beach diet - count down to goal !

KelliT
on 9/8/11 11:04 pm
As you regulars know I am doing my own bariatic version of the south beach diet. down day one 1.6, day two 0.3, day three 0.7, day four 0.3  total = 3 days 2.9 pounds...I am happy with that....pounds to goal 13.8....I need to get some running in this weekend. My week has been nuts...

breakfast - 1 boiled egg plus 1 yoke, 1 fat free sugar free yogaurt
snack - veggies and hummus
lucnh - stuffed mushrooms
snack - homemade veg beef soup
dinner - going to the manderin so just having crab leggs!
won't need a snack LOL

samtq
on 9/12/11 3:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
Kelli,

Please don't take this the wrong way but can I ask why you feel the need to be following a "diet plan" when you are still so new out of surgery?  At this point following the rules of your surgery should be enough to achieve your goals.

And I know you're a good exerciser....

Sue
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
KelliT
on 9/12/11 3:43 am
Hey Sue, no offense taken, you may have missed an earlier post, I have a non ryn friend and we both have about the same to loose, it was 20ish pounds, we are doing it together, and the bariatric rules and south beach are very similar,....so she is doing south beach and I am doing the bariatric diet, but followed a few of the first week of south beach rules, like no fruit for two weeks...it more of a comrodery thing than actually following south beach, its a good read, and reinforces what we already know and learned.....so am I truly following south beach no...am i having fun with a friend supporting each other yes....am I following the ryn rules yes....did I need a little boost yes...am I having fun yes...did it help get me back on track (not that I was far off but a summer of cottaging.....) yes!!

In the end I am really trying to support my friend, her doc told her to loose 20-25 lbs and she has been a huge supporter of me for the last year!

Thanks for caring enough to ask!!  I appreciate it!!!

How is your running going with your knew "girls", all well I hope!!

Have a super day! Kelli

samtq
on 9/12/11 3:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
Well that's an awesome reason to do it and you are a great friend for doing so!!

My running coming back to par...thanks for asking.  I struggled to get back into it regularly - frig it hurt to run 3.5 k which was humbling and demoralizging - but I kept at it and can do 5k again.  I did it twice this past week so I feel physically ready for my race on Oct 2. 

I've also decided to sign up for a 10k clinic starting at the end of October.

How is your running?

Have a great day yourself,

Sue
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

KelliT
on 9/12/11 6:29 am

I have to say for the first in months this past week has only been once, life has taken over, but I planning to run tonight, I was pushing to hard, every day, so on doc's order I am striving for a pattern of 3 k every other day and 5 k once a week.....I am also starting at http://mybody.ca/metabolic-fitness/ soon, I have my first appt Thursday morning, its covered by my benefits so why not, the specialize in baratirc patients (as well as many other situations) and I will have a personal program and personal trainer suited to my needs....I am very excited!!

Where is you run?  I was going to do the 5km at the toronto zoo in sept, but I think I will wait till next year.....

samtq
on 9/12/11 6:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
Life does take over sometimes.  The key is in not letting it take over all the time.  I never thought I'd ever say this but when I don't run for a while I miss it.

Your new gym sounds awesome.  And big bonus that your benefits cover it.  Unfortunatley I live in Ottawa so it's not an option for me.

I will be running in the CIBC Run for the Cure on October 2.  My mother died from breast cancer, my former boss is currently fighting it, a former colleague is a survivor and I've had my own personal scare (benign), so this cause is near and dear to my heart.  I hope to have the same time or better that I had in the Alterna Do It For Dad in June, just before my surger.

I think you should do the Toronto Zoo run now.  Why not?  You can do 5k.  Would that be your first race?  If so, you'll be hooked.... :-)

KelliT
on 9/12/11 6:43 am
It would have been, but my work conflicts with it, and it has become to much of a bother at my office to try and switch things....

I am hooked on running, I have to get my butt out tonight, it becomes way to easy to stay home once you miss a day or two....holly molly.....

Its been really nice chatting......lets do it again!!!

samtq
on 9/12/11 6:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
It's been great chatting with you too.  If you're on Facebook PM me and I'll look you up if you like.  :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics