Ya! Going to Guelph!

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/6/11 7:01 am - Windsor, Canada
In August we got the call from Guelph saying that the backlog was great and that we may not see the surgeon until close to holidays.

Well we are excited because we got the call today to see Dr. Reed (who I am thrilled about)  at the beginning of November. We are very excited!

So those wondering how the backlog is, it looks like it is starting to calm down!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Sasquach
on 10/6/11 7:06 am - Canada
thats awesome, good luck to you and your husband in Guelph.

I also got my call to see the surgeon today at TWH. I see him next Friday, I dont know what Dr. though as I was just too thrilled to be getting the call, I forgot to ask.

stewartjackie
on 10/6/11 9:02 am - Pickering, Canada
Dr. Reed is amazing, and he did my surgery in August. You should google him, it is very impressive. The backlog occurred when Dr. Pereira-Hong took a leave of absence as her mother was seriously ill, now she is back and vacations are over and things are moving along well.
Jackie

ms_dar
on 10/6/11 9:34 am - Canada
Congrats to your hubby. I'm sure you will appreciate the ease of getting around the city of Guelph while he is in hospital having his surgery.  My wife managed to get in some shopping and hiking on local trails as well as just some sightseeing all while I slept away those first few days post op.  I thought the staff at the hospital were great.  Very kind and caring and with all the students around there was lots of extra care like backrubs.

charm64
on 10/6/11 9:42 am - Cambridge, Canada
That is great news!  I love Guelph and I also had Dr. Reed and think he is fantastic.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

birdiegirl
on 10/6/11 10:37 am

Thats wonderful Dawn....It will be great for you both when you see your husband on the road to better health..

...and guelph looks like they have a great program...

Congrats to all of you

Barb

sam1am
on 10/7/11 12:07 am
That's great news!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Cheryl D.
on 10/7/11 2:18 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Dawn!  Glad you got some good news and things are moving forward.

You're one of my most favourite people on this forum so I'm happy when good things happen for you and your husband :)

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/7/11 2:45 am - Windsor, Canada
Awww. Thanks so much

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 10/9/11 5:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
Oh good gawd, it's about time!!  You two must be incredibly tired of waiting - and excited about the appointment!  Best wishes to hubby.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics