Panni Removal

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/2/11 7:28 am - Windsor, Canada
 Hi Friends,
I know that there are a few doctors in Toronto-London area that do Pannis (without TT) through
OHIP.  Could you remind me who they are again?

Thanks 
Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 7:31 am, edited 11/2/11 7:34 am - Guelph, Canada
 I think Erica's doc was one let me see if i can find her link.. (erica from cambridge)

I could not find the link but heres his name and her review...

Steven C. Poplawski, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Pop is fantastic. He is like a firm father figure. He knows his stuff and is very professional, yet caring. He speaks his mind - and doesn't cushion things because he worries that he might hurt your feelings! He is a straight shooter.

I am very glad that I found Dr. Pop. He looked after me and has set me on the road to success!

I do wish that his practice did a better job of differentiating between Rny and VSG. All of the nutrition classes and instructions are Rny based. Other surgeons in the practice don't even mention VSG as an option to patients. I think this is a disservice to all patients at the clinic.

ericaFG
on 11/2/11 7:37 am - Cambridge, Canada
Yup - Dr. Nandagopal at Scarborough General is one.

Dr. Matic in London also works with OHIP.  He presented at the Meet and Greet in Port Dover.  He seemed to have a very similar "philosophy" to Dr. Nandagopal - except he really didn't seem to be a fan of the vertical incision (whereas I've found Dr. N to be supportive of both directions, depending on the patient).

I've seen both of their "work" and both seem very good at what they do.

My two cents...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/2/11 7:41 am - Windsor, Canada
These are exactly the two doctors I had in my head.  Thanks for comfirming them for me Erica. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

jdance
on 11/3/11 4:09 am - Canada
Dr Reed in Guelph does the Panni removal. Ohip paid.
not sure if you have to be one of his patients though.

Janice

Most Active
Recent Topics