I can't believe I did it!!!

Radiogirl39
on 11/13/11 8:57 am - Canada
Well, I'm home and I can't believe after all this time it's done

Interesting experience.  Apparently morphine makes gurney rides a blast!  And on the way out of the recovery room I tried to swipe my friend's coffee out of her hand, lol. 

My room mate was a super nice lady who had her surgery on October 28th, was in hosp 2 days, drove 7 hrs home and the next day had to be flown back due to a leak.  So now I am terrified of a leak.  She is getting a scan tomorrow and hopefully going home. 

I had a rough time with gas and the heat and stuffiness of the room.  Some really good nurses and some terrible.  One who wore so much perfume on night shift it was overwhelming!  I thought I had a head cold, but once I was out of the hospital today all my stuffiness and runny nose and eyes cleared up.  Can't wait for the new Humber hospital complex to be built - it's very overdue. 

I didn't see a nutritionist at any point somehow, and didn't get my prescriptions until today when the hospital pharmacy was closed so had to go to one nearby.  I am tolerating all clear and full fluids and meds so far. 

I am very tired now though.  And my throat has become very, very sore the last hour or so.

I haven't had a BM yet, but since I only started on cream of wheat and cream soup today I am not surprised.  But how long is too long to go?

Thanks for all your good wishes everyone!  I'm very happy to be on the bench.

Julie

Brenda T.
on 11/13/11 9:02 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So wonderful that you are home and doing so well!! Speedy recovery Julie!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Yass
on 11/13/11 9:05 am

Hi Julie,

So glad to hear all went well with you and you are doing well... I wish you continued success through your journey and I'm sure you will love your new ryn more each day....

Congrats again.

Yasmin.

Oh - P.s Did they weigh you pre-sugery? do you know if you have lost any weight?

Radiogirl39
on 11/14/11 4:42 am - Canada

They didn't weigh me there. Weighed myself today and between Fri am and an hour ago I've lost 3 lbs.  It's a start.  I'm still swollen.

And thank you Yasmin

Yass
on 11/14/11 5:02 am
Just take it easy - and everyday it will get alittle better...

How long was surgery??
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 9:08 am - Toronto, Canada
 Thanks for the update.  Wonderful to hear that things are going well for you.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!
sueberman
on 11/13/11 9:09 am
I was told i couldn't leave Humber until I had a BM. You'll find that BMs change after surgery from what you're used to.  Less going in etc lol  I'm still trying to keep things regular.

Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Manda M.
on 11/13/11 9:28 am
 I just had to pass gas.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Megan M.
on 11/13/11 9:13 am - Canada
There's no place like home - glad all is well.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

pinkjellybean
on 11/13/11 9:32 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Congratulations!!  You did it!  Now sit back and enjoy the ride.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics