Getting bored

Radiogirl39
on 11/16/11 11:58 pm - Canada
So after 2 weeks of OF, a couple of days of clear fluids and now on day 5 of full fluids I am so freaking bored with my food options.  Cream of wheat, yogurt, ricotta cheese, disgusting protein shakes.....boooorrrring!  The good thing is I have no hunger.  But it's hard to motivate myself to eat any of it.  I have to think of my food as medicine.

I can barely wait to eat a freaking egg!!!!  I'm sure I'll be bored with that in no time too.  Mostly I want meat.  Juicy meat.
Thanks for listening. Lol

Julie

Monica M.
on 11/17/11 12:03 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
ohhhh.. i remember that first egg... was like heaven in my mouth.

One of the nice things about this whole journey is how good anticipating something makes it taste. The first time i had chicken...omg omg omg i thought i died and went to heaven.

Catw
on 11/17/11 12:08 am - Arnprior, Canada
Hi Julie,

I know it's hard with such a limited menu right now, but it won't last forever.  And each stage gives you a little more.  The wanting stuff you can't have is normal.

Just think, you were given a stomach like a newborn baby.  Babies have to wait 4 to 6 months to have anything like cream of wheat.  Before that it's all basically protien shakes and water ;0)

Just think how good that egg will taste when you can eat it.

Hang in there, you'll make it!

Cathy
Radiogirl39
on 11/17/11 12:16 am - Canada
Omg, a whole week left to go!  If I did OF for 2 weeks I can do this.  I seem to be getting lots of fluids and protein in.  My usual daily intake is between 105 and 119 g per day.

I feel pretty good, so I remind myself of the trauma my stomach has sustained.  The baby analogy makes sense too.

I'm just finding it a little depressing right now.  Going out for the day, so that will either keep me busy or highlight the things I can't yet have.  We'll see.

Megan M.
on 11/17/11 12:38 am - Canada
Learn to love it, honey, b/c it's what's making the difference in your life.  Pretty soon you'll not care about eating at all.  I remembering forcing myself to eat something, anything, b/c I just plain couldn't be bothered.  That passes, too!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

tango123
on 11/17/11 12:42 am
I went through that too Julie. I can't stomach tuna salad anymore from it being one of the only things I could eat the 1st month. Egss were awesome. I no longer crave food or really want to eat.i do becasue I have to , and fear of losing my hair is a good threat.
Enjoy your time off...day 8 is killing me!!!
ROSIESMILE
on 11/17/11 1:28 am
You can do it!
I remember craving crunch!  Noisy food!

Moselle
on 11/17/11 1:59 am - Athens, Canada
Remember that many of us did 3 weeks (and some even longer) of Optifast.  Did you try mixing some of your foods together?  I had cottage cheese and apple sauce mixed and it was pretty good. 

I remember well my first cracker after surgery. Something that was actually solid and crunchie. It won't be long now.

Hope you had fun and weren't tempted to much. lol
Radiogirl39
on 11/18/11 9:25 am - Canada
Well, NSA jam has helped.  And crystal light tangerine is my saviour when it comes to protein shakes. 

I'm not into crunch, I want MEAT! lol

JennR
on 11/17/11 2:03 am
Don't think of food as medicine, think of it as fuel for your body. I don't know what centre you are at but you are on full fluids after 2 days?? At St. Joes in Hamilton we do 2 weeks of modified fluids first (just protein shakes, crystal light broth, pretty much similar to being on OF) then we get 2 weeks of full fluids.

Most Active
Recent Topics