Surgery date

Sharper
on 12/16/11 9:56 pm - Canada
You ladies are all posting surgery dates, so I thought I would post mine too.
Jan. 9th
I just found out a few days ago and will start on Optifast on Monday Dec. 19.
I didn't want to start this before Christmas but I wasn't about to  turn down this date for surgery.
So, this is my final weekend to eat anything.
We are going to have a turkey dinner tomorrow to make up for me having to drink Optifast on Christmas day...lol
Wish me luck!

Toni B.
on 12/16/11 10:01 pm - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
You betcha we are posting surgery dates! We're so excited, we have to share the info somewhere -- and where better than here?! Where we can all appreciate how significant this moment is for each of us! Woo hOO! Congrats on getting your date, and enjoy your turkey this weekend! Best of luck to you!

Hey -- maybe you can open a Xmas present early too? You know... make it more official! LOL

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

aprilbennett1965
on 12/16/11 10:35 pm - Canada
Congrats on your date Sharper!  My last meal before OF was a Christmas dinner with my family. I couldn't have asked for anything more and know that there will be many Christmas meals after surgery. I just won't stuff myself as much as I would have in the years past.

Good luck on your surgery!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Manda M.
on 12/16/11 10:39 pm
I had thanksgiving dinner 3 weeks early cause I was gonna be on optifast.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Heidi S.
on 12/16/11 11:28 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 Congratultions on your surgery date. I'm so happy for you. You will do wonderfully on optifast and before you know it your day will be here. Enjoy your turkey dinner tomorrow. 
I keep telling myself (not to mention others) that this is my last Christmas to eat a few sweets, have a few drinks and other festive activites that I will not be eating again so I'm savering every minute. 
Bad I know lol. Anyways, sit back and enjoy your day tomorrow and keep your eye on the prize on Jan 9th.
Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years
Heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Janet13
on 12/17/11 1:57 am - Toronto, Canada
Best of luck, you are almost there. Great start to the New Year.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Leslie W.
on 12/17/11 2:45 am - Cobourg, Canada
Did the same thing when I started Opti at Thnakgiving. Cooked a turkey dinner just for me and my hubby a week early so I coulld enjoy it. Then did it all again for family. Put it on the table then took the dogs for a walk, joined them for dessert.

This is a great Christmas present. Just over 2 months out and loving every minute of it. Thought I would find not eating sweet hard but dont miss it at all. Down 51lbs since Opti started. This is my Christmas gift.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
momof4beautifulgirls
on 12/17/11 3:05 am - Canada
Congrats, I am having my surgery on January 9th as well!  I have to start Optifast on Dec 24.

Good Luck
Brenda T.
on 12/17/11 9:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So very excited for you and your date that is so close!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Sharper
on 12/17/11 9:18 pm - Canada
Thank you for all your replies.
I am encouraged by you all.  I look forward only and not back.
I have enjoyed this week of eating my last meals...lol  Today is my final day to eat and eat I will...lol
But tomorrow will be the beginning of the rest of my life. 
Jan. 9th will be here before I know it.

Most Active
Recent Topics