post-op question

C. McMillan
on 1/15/12 3:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I had my surgery on Dec 2nd and find that sometimes I throw up it happens sometimes daily - not just after dense proteins but sometimes after a SF pudding.  I noticed that most of what I throw up is a thick vicose flem.  Is this normal?   Is the thick vicose flem the reason I throw up or is it just what is in the new pouch?  Any help would be appreciated.

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

hoppys_wife
on 1/15/12 4:11 am - Canada
My husband says you will never vomit the same...With him its if he eats too much (could be pudding) or has something with to much fat in it...He is still doing this two and half years after surgery.  Not sure if this helps.
Diane  - Dave's wife
smiley_k
on 1/15/12 4:40 am
I think what you are describing is foamies. When I get foamies, I get an uncomfortable feeling like I have to throw up. My chest and stomach feel heavy and I get a foam in my mouth and often I will only spit up foam and feel better. For me, I happens if I eat to quickly, although it would probably happen if I ate too much, but I still measure out my food so I doubt it's that. I find that if I take small bites and chew really well, than wait a few seconds until my next bite, I'm okay, but it does take practice to figure out your best eating pattern. Try these tips and than if it happens again, make a mental note: What was I eating? Did I eat slowly? Did I take small bites? Have I had this before and the same thing has happened? Usually you can see a pattern, for me, it was eating too fast. I've now got a better understanding of it and it happens still, but not very frequently. 

Hope this helps.
Katie  ♥     

Most Active
Recent Topics