SURG TOMORROW LAST DAY OF OPTI WOOHOO!!!

Heregoesnothing66
on 2/22/12 1:17 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
Had my preop yesterday.  Went well.  Tomorrow is surgery and today is my last day of optifast.  Im so nervous. 

Any advice or reminders of things to take to the hospital would be much appreciated.

Wish me luck....

Teresa

ToNewBeginnings
on 2/22/12 1:19 am
Here goes EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! The first day of your new life starts tomorrow!

All the best!
niceeyes72
on 2/22/12 1:22 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
Congratulations!!! You made it thru the Optifast!! lol
I am still pre-op so i can't offer advice on what to bring but i will take notes for when it is my turn!! HAHA

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

TBIYTC
on 2/22/12 1:23 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Are you sure you are supposed to be having optifast today? - I know in Hamilton we stop it two days before surgery.  Maybe your centre is different?

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Heregoesnothing66
on 2/22/12 1:30 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
Yep,

They told me nothing after midnight tonight.  I have to call them this afternoon to find out my surgery time.  They said I could even take my medication in the morning with a sip of water.

I think different centers have different rules and regulations.  Not sure why but i guess its what works for them.

TBIYTC
on 2/22/12 1:32 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
It's amazing how different they are!!  But anyways, I want to wish you the very best, and here's to the start of your new life!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Heathergetbetter
on 2/22/12 1:37 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12
Fantastic!!!
Best of luck and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Don't forget chapstick and earplugs (haven't had surgery yet but I'm a nurse in a hospital and many patients appreciate those two things)
Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
Heregoesnothing66
on 2/22/12 1:52 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
Earplugs...good call.  I went to shoppers today and got the cosmetics attendent to give me samples of moisturizers and facial wipes.  This way i dont have to take my regular stuff to the hospital. 

I have chapstick
my  soap
toiletries
ipod
laptop
lock for the locker
slippers
housecoat
book
journal
lotions for my dry skin
water bottle
gasx
socks
JJ_
on 2/22/12 7:30 am
great list.  I also included the chargers for tablet and cellphone.  Bring a sandwich baggie to put the chapstick so it doesn't roll off the hospital table onto the floor.

Good luck tomorrow.  Can`t wait to hear of your update post-surgery.

Judy
agrmax
on 2/22/12 2:36 am - Oshawa, Canada
You are going to St. Mike's right Teresa.  I took all this stuff also and honestly the only thing I used was the chapstick and deodorant.  On the last day of my stay I had a shower before I came home and they supplied all necessary soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and all the linen.  They also offered the mouthwash and disposable tooth brushes.

I did not have a locker not sure if it was just cause I did not ask.

Here is wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.  Be waiting to here how it went.

Ann

Orientation September 2011 - Surgeon appt January 23, 2012 - Surgery February 13, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics