1 MONTH FOLLOW UP TOMORROW 10:30 TWH

Heregoesnothing66
on 3/20/12 9:16 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
I am officially one month out tomorrow and I have my follow up at Toronto Western Hospital.  I have lost 26 lbs and stitches are healing well.  Love that bio-oil.  Heres the thing.  I never feel hungry, even when Im cooking for the family I have no desire to eat.  I do eat, but my days have been...oatmeal, yogourt, protein shake, decaf coffee and little bit of meat and veg.  I eat very little but havent lost a ton of  weight.  I feel still a little crampy in my stomach and still not "normal".  Im hoping once I talk to the doctor i will get the ok to try real food again.  This whole pureed thing is tedious.  How soon into the 5-8 week program can you have salad?  I miss salad. 

Megan M.
on 3/20/12 9:52 am, edited 3/20/12 9:52 am - Canada
Perfectly normal to not feel hungry.  Embrace that!!  You're starting a new life here and eating isn't going to be a main focal point.  I am 8 months out and I still often eat just because I know I need the nutrition.  I feel hunger differently, it's more a nauseous feeling than the hunger I used to know, and eating very little makes that go away.  I eat more visually than by feeling - I know I can do 1/2 cup of dense foods, like meat, and about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of softer things, like yogurt.  Your body is still healing from surgery, and your poor beaten up pouch takes quite a while to recover.  Soon enough you'll discover your personal "new normal".  Don't push the real food issue - you'll find out soon enough that pureed is gentle and you need gentle for now.  Moving too quickly usually results in some pain in the pouch, so take it from those who have been there, don't be in a rush!!  And don't worry about the weight - it'll come off.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

gods_girl67
on 3/20/12 11:16 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada
RNY on 03/27/12
I`ll also keep Megan`s answer in mind when my time comes! BTW what is bio-oil?

referral: aug 2011; general orientation: Sept 26, 2011; surgeon appt: Oct 5, 2011;
GB Class: Oct 18, 2011; SW & RN: Oct 20, 2011; Dietitian: Nov 14, 2011;
Dietitian: Jan 9, 2012; Surgeon appt: Feb 2, 2012; Optifast start: Mar 6, 2012
Surgery Date: Mar 27, 2012
Heregoesnothing66
on 3/20/12 1:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12

lt is a brand of oil used to reduce scars and stretch marks.  I love it used it
every day after surgery and my incisions are shrinking rapidly.  You can get it at
Winners and Walmart.  Great stuff.

Brenda T.
on 3/20/12 11:55 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on your one month. And great job on the weightloss.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics