body issues

Patm
on 5/30/12 9:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I am a little older having this surgery (60)and didn't think the loose skin issue would bother me. As I lose I am noting some strange things about my body. I have a ring of fat just under my waist but the bottom of my butt has no fat. I can feel my bones when i sit. i had thought as I lose my boobs would finally be bigger than my stomach. However my boobs have lost weight faster than my stomach. I am buying pants to fit my hips but the legs are really loose.Someone today described their arms as bat wings. I can so relate!
All in all I am happy to have lost 70 lbs. Just wish I could have lost it a little more evenly.

Megan M.
on 5/30/12 9:57 am - Canada
I, too, am happy with my loss, but am now finding a whole new set of concerns with body image.  My boobs are deflated balloons with nips pointing to the floor.  My legs are very bad as well - only bermuda shorts for me.  But my very worst shock came when I got my new drivers license - the turkey gobbler under my chin makes me look so very old.  And that is depressing.  I'm 53, and in general, I think, or thought, I looked pretty good for my age, but the deflated double chin is just depressing.  I've still got 30-40 pounds to lose, I haven't lost a thing in ages, though I am maintaining, and I'm really going through a somewhat emotionally trying time over all this.  So I understand what you're saying about feeling bones when you sit, and everything else.  We are not alone, my friend.  I am very grateful for how far I have come, but now I have to come to terms with the results.  Always a work in progress.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Patm
on 5/30/12 11:29 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
For me I started to slow down losing and realised I do not exercise enough. I still have the pain but know if I move I will feel better. It is just doing it!!
I thought I looked fairly young before my surgery but I am told even with the turkey neck I look a lot younger now. Good luck with your further lose. i still have about 60 lbs to go.

Most Active
Recent Topics