Surgery Date - Quick Question

kkcpgp
on 6/14/12 1:47 am - Amherstview , Canada
RNY on 10/09/12
I had my second meeting with Dr. Hagen last week and was given a surgery date of Oct. 9 which I am so happy about.  It has been a long road but I can see the finish line now.  So happy!

I did have a quick question for others that are going through HRRH.  Has anyone been given a date and then later been called with another earlier date?  If so I was wondering if you had to call and request to be put on a cancellation list of some sorts or do they just go through their list and call people if they have opening?

Thanks!

kkcpgp
Orientation: Oct.2011       Jan. 2012 - offered transfer to Humber (accepted)
March. 9 - GBY Class      April 18 - Surgeon Consultation  May 15 - RD & SW  
May 28 - Nurse  May 28 - Dr. Glazier  2nd Surgeon (Opti/Setting a Date) - June 11 
PATT- Sept.11 Start Opti - Sept.18                     
Surgery Date - OCT.9

niceeyes72
on 6/14/12 3:15 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
Sorry, can't help you with that as I am thru Ottawa, but I just wanted to congratulate you on the Surgery date!!!! YAY!!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/12 3:50 am - Toronto, ON
Hey congrats. 
It really just depends on your surgeon. You can call and be out on cancellation list for dr. Hagen but he's a busy surgeon. I e thing I've learnt through this process is to pack my patience. Lol
Laurie C.
on 6/14/12 4:20 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
i received a call to ask if I wanted to switch to Dr. Starr as he had earlier OR times, so I did.  That changed my OR date from September 4 to June 11.  Soo now I'm on the bench, worked to my advantage.   A lot depends on your personal feelings.

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Brenda T.
on 6/14/12 5:51 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on getting your date!!

And I don't think calling will hurt anything and you will get your answer.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

the44plan
on 6/14/12 7:55 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
congrats on getting the date!  I would ask them to consider you for any fill-ins or cancellations that maybe arise in the near future... wont hurt.   If all else fails, then at least you know you are definately scheduled already. good luck. :)
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

JJ_
on 6/14/12 10:27 am
Congrats on getting a date.  As others have indicated, it wouldn`t hurt to ask.  The worst answer to receive would be NO.  LOL

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics