Torture

rosie1985
on 6/17/12 5:49 am - Canada
 So I'm on day 3 of opti fast....and today is father's day! of course me and my italian family get together for some delicious food to celebrate how grateful we are for our wonderful fathers. Well today is a great day...but I think I'm being tortured with the smell of lobster and butter and garlic. I swear to god that this journey in my life is a huge test. Sitting here thinking what a power food has had over me, and that I have no choice but to say no if I want this surgery. It is so easy to give upo right at this moment and eat a delicious meal with my family. But what would that do for me? it would just leave me right where I started again and still fat still having diabetes , still hight blood pressure and still sleep apnea at such a young age. I would rather torture myself with the most amazing smell of food, then eat the food and still be like this. oh man....true test....

I have to find inner strength...and know that I can do it if I really want to.

The days do get better....day 3 isnt as bad as day 2 and day 2 wasn't as bad as day 1

goodluck to everyone starting this journey

Rosie
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 6:04 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Oh Rosie, what torture, perhaps you could go for a drive and sit in a park and read until the meal is over.  
babybuggie
on 6/17/12 6:11 am - Canada
 It is so hard but you are doing it!!  You are strong, you are determined and you are committed!!  It will all be worth it in the end but i wi**** wasnt so hard now.  Thinking of you and sending you will power

Happysmile
on 6/17/12 6:20 am
Rosie,
I am starting optifast next Wednesday. Good luck today. I am so planning for my two weeks of Optimist with my three children's birthday parties, end of the school year meeting and functions. All including food...
Good luck.
Happysmile
Leslie W.
on 6/17/12 6:29 am - Cobourg, Canada
YOU CAN DO IT!
I had Thanksgiving to get through when on Opti (even had to cook the Turkey) it was hard not to take a bite of crispy skin but I did it! It was just the first of the little miracles we go through. Now 112 lbs lighter and WOW! it was so worth it.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
lexxiblue
on 6/17/12 7:23 am, edited 6/17/12 7:24 am
RNY on 01/11/12
 hey rosie.. i agree with leslie.. YOU CAN DO IT....this believe it or not, is the easy part!  i got my call dec 16 to start opti the following monday - told my hubby he was excited things were finally going to happen.. and then he said (lovingly) but.. you're going to miss out on xmas dinner!  i almost cried!! i sat at the xmas table (and i'm italaian background as well) after having made the dinner with all the fixings, with my green jello and red jello and my vanilla optifast!  and when i was done i brought the turkey carcass to the table in front of the 15 people i was serving.. and cleaned the carcass... and honestly it didn't bother me!  and yes.. it was a huge test!  if i couldn't stay on the opti for 3 weeks how was i going to cope "without" my fave foods the rest of my life!!  believe in yourself!! YOU CAN DO IT ... it's worth every blood, sweat & tear!!! you may not believe it when you get out of the hospital .. but it is!! good luck!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 7:32 am - Straford, Canada
 You are strong!  

And I have to say, after three weeks on optifast, then two weeks liquid, and two puree, ALL food I am now eating I am eating like its the first time!  I had a Korean dumpling soup today that was amazing (and I am not a dumpling person)!  Last night I had the inside of a home made low fat chicken pot pie that was SO tasty!  You too will re experience food, in proper quantities as you change your body and get rid of many of those health concerns!  Its happening!  Enjoy the ride!  Ian  
the44plan
on 6/17/12 7:49 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
You are doing great!  what's that saying.... "nothing tastes as good as skinny"  
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

rosie1985
on 6/17/12 8:01 am - Canada
 you guys are the best!!!! what can I say!! I am blessed.....words of encouragement always push me through!!!!

Rosie
Marls
on 6/17/12 8:26 am - Canada
Rose you can do this.  I am 7 days post op and hubby is making himself a rib steak on the bbq, I think I shall bury my head under my pillow till he is all done.  Or, maybe it realy is mind over matter, if we don't mind, it realy does not matter!!!  I think that maybe just the smell of it will be enough for me because trust me, I am NOT hungry by any means of the imagination.  Good luck and stay strong!
Most Active
Recent Topics