full fluids!!!

rosie1985
on 7/7/12 11:09 am - Canada
 I don't know if anyone else struggle through the full fluid diet after surgery but seriously I feel like I have a permanant dairy and chocolate film on my tongue....ekkkkkkk it's like nasty opti-fast all over again. My feelings for food are a bit different but am craving some normalcy. It's a hard adjustment. QUESTION....is the puree stage 2 weeks from your surgery date or 2 weeks from the day you started full fluids???? Can't wait to eat mush!!!! never thought I would say that!!!

Also I am only getting in around 60-65 grams of protein a day!! anyone have an suggestions on how to get this to 80....SO HARD!!!! and sipping all day I feel like it takes me FOREVER!!!! lol

thanks all

Rosie
NorthernStar
on 7/7/12 11:19 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I know the feeling - I'm in the same boat right now. I do 2 premier shakes every day and a greek yogurt, and that gets me to 70 grams of protein. I was told 60-80 a day, so if you're hitting 60 you should be good. It takes all day to get everything in.

I didn't start full fluids until day 5 post op because of some issues I was having tolerating clear fluids, so I'm not sure when I should be starting purees. I was planning on 14 days out from surgery because I am tolerating everything so well now.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

flyingwoman
on 7/7/12 11:36 am
2 weeks from he day you started full fluids.

Protein shakes. Given your current frustration with dairy and chocolate, use a brand that mixes with water and tastes like drink mix. Syntax nectar or weider's peach. They go down very easy and have great stats.
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/12 1:16 pm - Guelph, Canada
 i had to aggressively brush my tongue to get the icky off it 
Blu-Diva
on 7/7/12 2:15 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Me too, I even bought a hard bristle brush and scrub every time I ate.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics