puree :):)

rosie1985
on 7/15/12 9:55 am - Canada
 starting puree tommorow.....

what were the first foods some of you tried and do you introduce only 1 new food a day or can I have like soft scrambled in the morning and then for lunch tuna salad puree or how does it work!!!!

so excited to taste something other than greek yogurt protein drink cottage cheese eeekkk....so over these foods lol

Rosie
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/12 10:14 am - Straford, Canada
 give the eggs a try, I still can't eat anything but poached.  I hear ya about the liquid stuff though, but its hard to make the protein target without that stuff too.  Regards, Ian  
Kerry F.
on 7/15/12 10:16 am - Bolton, Canada
I started with one new food at a time & stuck with it for a few days to see how well I could tolerate.  I believe my first was mashed potato; not protein, I know, but I added skim milk powder to it for protein.  It was pure heaven!  My first protein puree was scrambled egg & I had to experiment several times before I got the right consistency.  Tuna did not sit well with me for quite a while; I could not get it mushy enough.  Fish in general was not easy for me for a few months.  Good luck with your first foods :)

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Laurie C.
on 7/15/12 11:29 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

i loved tuna and I even put cottage cheese over chopped hard boiled egg and a piece of melba toast was heaven.

Enjoy your next couple of week, think crab cakes

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

hockeymom17
on 7/15/12 11:44 am
Hey Rosie,  I too am 2 days away from Puree and can't wait.  Can I ask how much you've lost? and do you know what the average weight loss should be at week 2?
Happysmile
on 7/15/12 11:36 pm
Hi hockeymom,
I can't wait until Wednesday to start puree foods. I feel like I could eat more than jello and sugar free pudding. I am a picky eater. I have more selection in stage of eating. Good luck.
Happysmile
Blu-Diva
on 7/15/12 11:44 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I did eggs too at that stage, and I was in heaven. I also introduced one thing art a time . Good luck.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

NorthernStar
on 7/15/12 12:01 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I started purees last week and all I tried was mashed potato, pinto beans (mashed after cooking in the crock pot), pureed cauliflower and pureed sweet potato. I really didn't want to pu**** so I just tried a few things. This weekend I tried light Babybel cheese and chili (chewed really well). Everything has gone down great, and it is SO NICE to try some different foods

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

rosie1985
on 7/15/12 12:27 pm - Canada
 hey guys thanks for all your responses...I think I'm gonna try soft scrambled eggs tommorow. I can't see it being hard to meet the target cause in my pamphlet it says that 2 tbsp of egg is 7 grams of protein!!!!!  I dunno if this is correct but I'm gonna go by that!!

to hockey mom....I have weighed myself on my scale at home which was 8 pounds heavier last time I used it and that was when I was on optifast..

I weighed in at 257 pre- optifast......day of surgery I was 240.00 and if my scaled is 8 pounds off then I weighed in last week at 222 lbs :) not too worried about the scale though just keeping my mind on my protein and the dreaded WATER I can't seem to get in even thought I'm sipping sipping sipping!!!

I HOPE to god I can tolerate eggs cause I used to LOVE them!!!!

thanks everyone

Rosie
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/12 12:52 pm - Guelph, Canada
 if you cant tolerate store bought eggs try farm fresh eggs...

I cant have store bought but I can have farm fresh
Most Active
Recent Topics