OT: Update: lilviolet's Husband's Heart Surgery

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/31/12 1:20 pm - Windsor, Canada
Hi Friends,

I'm here to give you an update. I received a message from lilviolet about her husband's surgery.  (He's the one recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure at 37 and needing a heart bypass operation).

She texted me that they went to do the surgery today (I am not sure if they couldn't do it or had troubles doing it) but she says that the surgery is not going to be successful for him.  She says that he will more than likely need a heart transplant at this point.  

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers,

Thanks
Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

jewel-twin
on 7/31/12 1:38 pm - Canada
Oh no...how scary. they are in my thoughts and prayers.
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 1:43 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12

I will keep them and their family in my thoughts and prayers.

hbrunet72
on 7/31/12 2:09 pm - Canada
 That's scary stuff.  I was tested for that about the same time in my life, and thank God it wasn't what the problem was.  

I will keep them in my prayers.  
Referral Received July 28, 2010. Orientation at Toronto Western Hospital April 20, 2011. Surgeon consult May 11, 2012. Pre-admission July 13, 2012. Surgery July 23, 2012, St. Mike's Hospital, Toronto. Officially on the bench!
Thank you Dr. Rotstein!

Btrue2u
on 7/31/12 5:49 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers....I know he is very young and they have a young family.  I'm hoping he won't have to wait too long   

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

msheavyhearted
on 7/31/12 7:42 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
How sad!! Wishing her family finally receives some good news soon. Please forward her my well wishes.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Monica M.
on 7/31/12 8:27 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
thank you for the update, Dawn. Sending positive energy her way.

lilviolet
on 7/31/12 9:27 pm - Canada
Thanks for posting for me Dawn.

I don't have to wait for surgery to lose my hair...it's been happening for the past two days. 

He did have the surgery yesterday, it just didn't go as planned.  The sugeon said his arteries are very badly damaged.  I'm not sure if I understood him correctly, but at first they were saying they were going to do a triple bypass but the surgeon said they did a double.  I have to find out what happened to the other one.

The surgeon said Jer has the arteries of an 87 year old and that recovery is going to be very difficult.  It's going to mean that everything changes.  If diet, exercise and medication don't help then he'll be put on the transplant list.  I've asked to be there tomorrow when the surgeon tells Jer how it went and how our future isn't as bright as we thought.

I've been walking around in a daze.  So much crying, so little eating, headaches and now my hair is falling out.  I'm trying to be strong for the kids so they don't know how serious it is.  My brother in law is coming to take them back up north so I can devote my time to Jer. 

I have an unknown amount of people coming today to help me get the house organized for when he's able to come home.  There's a small part of me that doesn't think he's coming home.  I've called the ICU nurse this morning and she said he's still being sedated as his bloodpressure isn't stable yet.  I can't go in until this afternoon because of the visiting hours.  I'm going to let his mom go in first until I get the boys sorted out. 

I've been making a list of things that need to get done...phone calls to be made...bills to be paid...all that wonderful stuff. 

One of the boys woke up so I'm going to go be Mom for awhile instead of terrified wife.  Thank you for the support.  It's greatly appreciated.
Onward and
Downward

on 7/31/12 9:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Oh no...I'm really sorry to hear this.  I'm glad you have help with the kids so you can focus your attention on your husband.

A terrible thing to have to hear from the doctor.  My thoughts are with you and your husband.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Monica M.
on 7/31/12 9:48 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i'll be thinking of you, lil. hugs. Be strong for your kids, but take all the support that's offered to you. Don't try to be a hero. Let yourself cry when you need to.

Most Active
Recent Topics