Damn Opti-Driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!

MelissaB26
on 8/5/12 7:34 am - Canada
This is got to be the hardest thing I have EVER had to do(Opti).... As I munch on my plain broccoli while the rest of my family eat cheese burger...**Wuahhhh** I mean I could even go for a bbq chicken breast... I'm not even hungry I am very satisfeid with what I'm doing.. but I feel so deprived without a meal lmao.. But I'm staying strong, cause I want this more than a plate of food... Just curious is to if anyone has ever cheated on Opti and ate something!!!! I want to everyday.. but I dont!!!! lol Well  no I lied I sprinkled a little seasoning salt on some brocolli but felt guilty and stopped eating it.. And I  have been munching on my home made crystal light popsicles like crazy..

What did you do to help with this!!!??? 

Referral-February 3 2012      
Internist/RN/Dietician/SW APPT- July 17 2012   
Orientation-May 14th 2012      2nd Surgeon Appt.-July 19 2012
Meet the Surgeon-May 23 2012  Sleep Apnea Test-July 19 2012
Gastric Class-June 12 2012       Surgery Date-August 15 2012

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/12 8:05 am - Toronto, ON
 My friend was on opti for 3 weeks. She still has 2 weeks of it left. She would do a day of opti every 3 days. Still managed to lose 10lbs and now she's 7months post op and eats mcds and drinks pop. Never takes her vitamins or exercises. Her sugary went fine. Her liver was still fatty but they never questioned whether or not she followed opti to a T. 

Btrue2u
on 8/5/12 8:25 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
In my notes it says we are allowed to sqeeze lemon on your veggies or vinigar ...I am out of humber I'm not sure what your center allows but some cucumber with plain white vinagar might do the trick ..just a thought  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

MelissaB26
on 8/5/12 8:26 am - Canada
 I'm going through humber as well.. I did the vinegar on my cucmber already...lol I've done anything for some flavoring lmao...
Thanks tho!!! :)

Referral-February 3 2012      

MissGlitter
on 8/5/12 8:43 am - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 I met a girl at my orientation who came out of anesthesia without her RnY because she did not follow the Opti program and her liver was still very fatty.  She told me that she ate 6 or 7 days of food.  She had to wait a year before starting the surgery process again.  That was out of Humber.  (Sorry if that is someone on here, don't mean to speak about you like you're not here!)

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

MelissaB26
on 8/5/12 8:50 am - Canada
 Yeah I have no worries, I havent cheated or ate anything besides what I am allowed, once did i sprinkle seasoning salt on my broccolli and ate one piece and threw it out and ate plain again..
I've followed this very good, im on day 5 and down 6lbs... :)
But that does suck... I've stayed pretty darn focus on whats to come...how many times I wanted to take a bite of something.. 
So what did they open her up and see fat around liver and close her back up!?!?!? 

Referral-February 3 2012      

MissGlitter
on 8/5/12 10:08 am - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 As far as I know, that is exactly what happened.  When I asked the nurse about it she told me that the surgeon won't take any risks, so they pull out and wake you up.  

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

MelissaB26
on 8/5/12 10:10 am - Canada
On August 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM Pacific Time, MissGlitter wrote:
 As far as I know, that is exactly what happened.  When I asked the nurse about it she told me that the surgeon won't take any risks, so they pull out and wake you up.  
 Yeah that sucks, I'll be fine!!! on peice of broccoli with seasoning salt isnt gonna hard me... i have done everything to the tea besides that one time I am going to continue too!! :)

Referral-February 3 2012      

the44plan
on 8/5/12 9:07 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
I cheated.  Yes, I ate pickles. In my mind we were allowed to eat cucumbers & vinegar.  I probably ate about 5 of them in total.   I think its cheating.  I didnt feel good about afterwards.  I had to keep reminding myself why I was doing this and how important it is to me. 
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Cuter_w_Curves
on 8/5/12 9:46 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Um... Maybe call and find out if you can use something like fresh dill, or fresh herbs. I am not going to advocate seasoning salts mainly because of the salt content but maybe real herbs would be ok? Find out about pepper too...

Lemon & Dill are amazing together... And if you put a little bit of pepper and lemon together it could be pretty awesome. I imagine Lemon and Basil would be nice. As long as it is the real stuff... Not the packaged studd.

Can't hurt to ask about this... And if you are given the go-ahead but worried the fresh ones might not be put to use... If you are steaming/cooking veggies you can buy the freeze dried litehouse ones and toss some in as you cook. It is as close to fresh as you can get without the hassle. http://www.litehousefoods.com/products/freeze-dried-herbs I actually did a lot of that while I was on Opti for that long arse time.

Honestly... It is hard to watch them eat that stuff at first. It gets easier. I use to tell myself it was like going to a restaraunt. Everyone orders their own preference at one right?!

Big hugs,
Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics