Pure protein powder in Toronto

zombiesugar
on 8/13/12 3:35 pm
Hello - this is my first post here! Everyone seems so helpful I thought I would ask any Torontonians:

What kinda and where are you getting the pure protein powders? I asked at two GNC stores and they showed me those large circular tubs that just look like the shake mixes and seemed to have the same ingredients.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 3:44 pm - Straford, Canada
 I will be interested in what folks say.  I was under the impression, and gawd knows I'm wrong a lot, that those tubs had protein powder in them.  I have bought vanilla and strawberry flavor for smoothies and just a shake like drink respectively, and an unflavored one to mix in yoghurt, soups and hot cereals.  Are they not "pure"?  I don't know the difference and await edumacation!  lol  Regards, Ian  
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/13/12 3:50 pm - Windsor, Canada
"Pure Protein" is a brand name.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Nikkismom
on 8/13/12 3:49 pm - Toronto, Canada
Welcome! I purchased one of the whey protein powders suggested at our nutrition class at Loblaws.
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/13/12 3:49 pm - Windsor, Canada
The shake mixes ARE probably protein powders as well.

Pure protein is a brand name.  http://www.pureprotein.net/

You can use ANY brand of protein powder. You want whey protein ISOLATE or CONCENTRATE. (or you can use a soy isolate).

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

Nikkismom
on 8/13/12 4:00 pm - Toronto, Canada
Ooppps! I didn't know that pure protein was a brand! Sorry to mislead!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
zombiesugar
on 8/13/12 5:21 pm
I didn't realise Pure Protein was a brand name either.

I guess in the nutrition class they made it seem like a separate product.

I will get an unflavoured tub for mixing in with food.

Thanks people!
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/13/12 5:29 pm - Windsor, Canada
 I think by pure protein then you may be referring to plain old Unflavoured protein powder then.   I'm getting now what you are asking.   

Youre talking more Unflavoured protein.   They can be with the shakes as well.  You are talking about Unflavoured.  The shakes add other stuff.   

If you go to GNC they should have Unflavoured varieties.  Just explain you want Unflavoured that you can add to soups, pudding etc.   you want isolate or concentrate form.   Isolate is the better form.  It's filtered so it would be the "purest".  

The bulk food store in your area may carry it as well. 

Dawn

Heidi S.
on 8/13/12 6:47 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
 I bought a case of 75 individual packets of beneprotein from my pharmacy. Each packet has 7g of protein. The case was $50

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

zombiesugar
on 8/14/12 6:44 am
Thanks again for the replies. I might go back to GNC. They were having a buy one, get one 50% off sale!
Most Active
Recent Topics