No clinic, need advice

hobbithands
on 8/14/12 7:36 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 So HRRH transfered me to Guelph, however Guelph doesn't have it and I am no longer a patient at HRRH. I called both today. I am having severe pain under my left rib, is this something pretty common and I can go to my local hospital (I live in rural ontario) or should I try and make the drive 1.5 hrs to Guelph and make them see me?

Monica M.
on 8/14/12 7:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i would go to your own ER, and let them know about your surgery, and tell them that if they need to, they can call the oncall WLS surgeon at either Guelph or HRRH (HRRH, preferably, because they'll have your surgical records).

DO NOT LET THEM DISMISS YOUR PAIN.

hobbithands
on 8/14/12 7:52 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Thanks Mon,
As always you are my sage!

Hanneli xoxo
on 8/14/12 7:56 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
Monica is amazing! Always has great advice! I hope the pain is nothing serious... Praying for you

Monica M.
on 8/14/12 7:56 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
oh stop.. lol

seriously, tho, let us know how you're doing.

the44plan
on 8/14/12 8:02 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
HI>. Just wanted to ask you Why did they transfer you?  I dont live far from you either and was wondering if they will do that to me also?? 
Hope you get the help you need.  Can you call the regristry to demand someone to fess up and get their crap together so you can get some help..??
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

NorthernStar
on 8/14/12 8:44 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Hope you are feeling better! I agree, go to your local ER and they can call Guelph if they need to speak with the surgeon.

I am wondering about transferring as well. I went through HRRH for my surgery but Guelph is much closer to me for follow up. Can they transfer me as well?

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

BluIzGal
on 8/14/12 9:16 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12
When I thought I had a bowel obstruction (turned out to be an abscess) I called TWH and they told me to go to my local ER even though I'm less than 30 mins from TWH/St. Mikes. Depending on what they find, their on call surgeon can contact the hospital where your surgery took place and determine if your treatment can be done there or have you transferred. Hoping it's nothing major!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 9:21 am, edited 8/14/12 2:23 am - Guelph, Canada
i know fergus (groves memorial hospital) is not much closer but the wait times are great and they know their stuff with WLS patients... they also have a direct link with Guelph a lot of the doctors do double duty working at both hospitals.

i was there a few years ago and there was a woman with a lap band that slipped.. Dr. Reed came up from Guelph to look after her. This event stuck firmly in my mind because I had just went to my family Dr for my referral and I had just read up on Dr Reed here

(edited cause it looked like i was drunk texting..lol)
Patm
on 8/14/12 1:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I would go to a hospital that know WLS. My neice went to Kitchener with sever pain. They sent her home. The pain continued so her mom took her to Guelph. God move because she had a twisted bowel. It sems that since she is so tall and had lost so much weight that this can happen.
So if you try your local hospital and they do not pasy attention to it go to a hospital that know the complications that can happen.

Most Active
Recent Topics