sore butt

Patm
on 8/24/12 6:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I live with pain all the time. I am sort of used to it and try not to use it as an excuse to sit around. I have been swimming and biking to get moving. Still do not like extended walks but I do them.
So as I lose weight I am losing the padding on my butt. I still have it up higher around my hips but the bottom is fat free. I have to sit for lomg periods of time and I can't believe I am getting a sore butt from sitting at work. I think the is so funny. I had a special chair before but it has become too big. I am trying a new one today to see if my butt still hurts. Maybe I need one of those desks you can stand at. Somehow this was not one of the effects of losing weight I thought I would have.

tbtilalaf
on 8/24/12 7:05 am

Can you get some kind of seat cushion to help you out? There are lots for backs, so there has got to be for butts....or if by chance there isn't, you can by a cushion for a backyard chair (probably on sale now because of end of season). 

Good luck, I hope your butt gets better as I know how sore butts can be a pain in the butt....lol
I had a sore butt just now quite like yours, as I still have cushion there (lots) for now (85 lbs to go) but from one side effect after surgery....getting better though!

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Patm
on 8/24/12 7:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I guess I should look into a cushion. I just thought it was pretty funny side effect of losing weight.

lexxiblue
on 8/24/12 7:35 am
RNY on 01/11/12
the boobs and the butt... were the first to go for me... ok.. and the double chin!!!  (that i'm not complaining about!) 
avivaps
on 8/24/12 8:36 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 I feel your pain :)
I have bought a gel cushion for my car seat and a donut cushion for around the house.  My kids think its very funny.  I think for most people the discomfort settles although I know for some it can become no joking matter. 

Andrea. 

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

selah
on 8/24/12 9:10 am
RNY on 06/26/12
Sitting sucks without some junk in the trunk. My new favourite dinosaur is the Megasoreass.
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 6:25 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Patm,
Where is your bum sore. For instance if it is on your tail bone, there are cushions with a U cut out in the back. I bought two of them one for the car and one for my chair it helps but not entirely. Sorry to here you have a pain in the a==.
ShallowGirl
on 8/25/12 9:54 am, edited 8/25/12 9:54 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
The dollar store sells those knee pads for gardeners that have handles, I use them as seat cushions at my nephew's hockey games.

"...you have a pain in the ass..."  

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Mary A.
on 8/27/12 10:00 am
yes a cushion that you could haul around would probably alleviate some of your pain.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Lorieliz
on 8/27/12 12:26 pm - Canada

Hemorrhoid donuts! Buttcluster buster. Nothing like these cushions, even if you don't have hemorrhoids, Very comfortable and stop your posture from slipping and making your butt hurt worse.

Totally portable - doubles as a bracelet 

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics