Help with registry Contact?

Melissa.M
on 11/9/12 3:48 am - Canada

I'm trying to find out whether or not my referral was received by the bariatric registry. My doctor (and her receptionist) said it was sent so I'm just trying to be proactive and follow-up.

I sent an email to the address listed on the registry website and immediately got this response back:

[quote]Hello, Thank-you for your message. We will make every effort to assist you with your inquiry. However, please be advised that this email address is meant for administrative type questions only. Emails requesting information about the status of individual patient referrals will not be answered. Kind Regards, -The Bariatric Registry Team[/quote]

Does anyone have a different email address or phone number I can call?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 3:54 am - Straford, Canada

you are more likely to get a speedy response if you specify bariatric center you are near.

Melissa.M
on 11/9/12 3:59 am - Canada

I did specify in my email that I was in Ottawa. That return email says they won`t answer any emails requesting info about individual referrals.

So then who do they expect us to contacté LOL

sheppardvines
on 11/9/12 4:04 am - Oshawa, Canada

I received that same email back in May when I emailed them and then about a day later I received an email response advising that the referral had been received and which center it had been forwarded to.  Give it a day or two and you should hear from someone.

Bev

May 25th, 2012 - Referral     June 27th, 2012 - Orientation      July 10th,2012 - NP   
July 16th, 2012 - SW    July 18th, 2012 - nut class July 19th, 2012 - dietician Sept 21st, 2012 - surgeon appt  Oct 18th, 2012 - scope   Dec 13th,2012 Patts  Jan 16th, 2013 -SURGERY!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/12 7:28 am, edited 11/9/12 7:29 am - Straford, Canada

I'm sorry I wasn't specific enough.  I meant if you identify the center you're in you might get folks on this board answering faster.  I can see you've got what you want which is SO nice!

Nelson P.
on 11/9/12 4:02 am - Canada
RNY on 08/28/13

I sent an email to the following address...

[email protected]

The next day I got a responds. I hope that helps you.

Melissa.M
on 11/9/12 4:15 am - Canada

Oh, okay. Cool. Thanks. That immediate email left me scratching my head! I sent it to that same email address. I also just called my doc`s office to see if they had a response to or a confirmation of the referral but there was no answer. I can wait,..I better get used to it. :P

Melissa.M
on 11/9/12 4:46 am - Canada

Ha! Well, that was fast! i just received this:

Hi Margaret,

As of this afternoon I haven’t received a referral for you. It typically takes 7-10 business days for me to view it once it has been faxed.

Umm, okay. I'm NOT going to email her back but am a tad concerned that she called me Margaret. I hope she wasn't typing in "Margaret" when looking for my referral. LOL

jen1016
on 11/9/12 6:08 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

You might be able to call the WMC at the Ottawa Hospital asking them if they received anything yet?! Could be a thought 

starry957
on 11/9/12 11:21 am

I called the clinic that I would be going through to inquire if they had received anything from the Bariatric Registry yet.  They had, and then appointments were scheduled.  My experience has been that calling them rather than waiting for them to call you, is always better.

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active
Recent Topics