Starting to freak out

macrobug1
on 11/13/12 12:36 pm

I fully understand the 10 lb weight gain after surgery due to IV fluids etc

I also understand that it will take a couple of days to go away.  But what is freaking me out is the fact that I am almost a week out, I haven't got back to my pre surgery weight and I am starting to GAIN weight!! 

And no, my clothing isn't looser - in fact, it is tighter.

GAH.

BluIzGal
on 11/13/12 12:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I didn't really see a loss post op for about two weeks. 

macrobug1
on 11/13/12 1:14 pm

Thanks!  Good to know.  And you are doing quite well now

BluIzGal
on 11/13/12 1:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Oops I hit the wrong button and my reply post wrong (above)

BluIzGal
on 11/13/12 1:40 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Thanks. It been quite the trip thus far. I bit here and there averaging about 10 lbs a month. I always try to keep in mind it's not a race and not to freak out if the scale goes up a lb or two. TMI I know, but I can usually tell how constipated I am but the numbers on the scale.  Just keep your eye on the prize. Make sure you take comparison photos too. Whenever I feel down about how much I've lost I flip back to my photo the day I started Optifast and realize just how far I've come. 

Monica M.
on 11/13/12 8:14 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

do the math. how many calories are you getting in a day? What is your basal metabolic rate? fewer calories in than out equals weight loss. trust the system. It's ok.

breathe.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/12 8:47 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I love it when you are so down right sensible, Monica. What would we do without you.,

Monica M.
on 11/13/12 8:54 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

thanks, Deb. it's easier to see from the outside in, than when you're right in it.

macrobug1
on 11/14/12 3:03 am

Thanks Mon!  Thats what I keep telling myself.  But the rational, logical side of the brain can't hear over the hysterical shrieks from the other side of the brain

Monica M.
on 11/14/12 3:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

tell me about it! you should hear some of the stuff my brain shrieks at me!!

Most Active
Recent Topics