Hawaii was GORGEOUS - and now I'm back in grey dark chilly Toronto

Gabygee
on 11/20/12 10:52 pm - Canada

Had a wonderful time.

Went ziplining and snorkelling (four times) and up in a helicopter and rock climbing .... it was fabulous.

Maui was a wee bit bit disappointing because of how Americanized and overdeveloped parts of the island were.

Kauai was absolutely amazing, much more natural, and the Hawaiian culture is celebrated much more sincerely there.

I was pretty good nutrition-wise while there - tried to keep it to small portions, and tried to keep it protein-heavy, carb-poor.

My travel companions were absolute carb-addicts, so that was a little difficult.

Have yet to weigh myself, but my clothes are looser than when I left, so I think I'm probably good.

Anyway, wanted to let all my OH buddies know I'm back in the land of the maple leaf. Missed you all!

Karen M.
on 11/20/12 11:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome home, Gaby-Gabs! I missed you! XO  I'm glad you had a fabulous time - good for you.  Though, I am a tad miffed that you didn't pack me in your suitcase. LOL

Okay, listen up.  I am hosting lunch at the Clarkson Pump and Patio on DECEMBER 1 at 12:30.  MANY peeps are coming and I would love to see you and Wendy.

LET ME KNOW.

kiss

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 11/20/12 11:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome back. Hope you come to the lunch on December 1st. Would love to meet you

Karen M.
on 11/20/12 11:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Pat, I'm so thrilled that you're coming to lunch. Can't wait to meet you :)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 11/21/12 12:01 am - Toronto, Canada

Welcome back Gaby!! I can't wait to meet so many people on the 1st!! Yay!!! You can come too yes?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Gabygee
on 11/21/12 3:54 am - Canada

December 1, Clarkson Pump - I'm there! Pretty sure Wendy will be too.

Thanks for organizing Karen, you're a gem!

Karen M.
on 11/21/12 4:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

YAY! Looking forward to seeing you.  12:30 PM.

Karen

Lizzie54
on 11/21/12 4:05 am - Canada

I would love to go to Hawaii again.  I was there in 2001 and my friends are going in 2013...but I am now retiring so not sure if my funds will allow.

Looking forward to seeing you on December 1st.

Liz

Liz   

happypants
on 11/21/12 5:40 am - Ottawa, Canada

Gaby welcome back!!! We have all missed you so. Nice to see you had a wonderful time.

Ann :-)

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

JJ_
on 11/21/12 7:14 am

Wow, welcome back.  It sounds like you had a marvelous adventure.......with some carbaholics!   LOL

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics