Sports clothes

Patm
on 1/5/13 10:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have been so impressed I can fit into a size 14. I haven't seem that size for more than 35 years. I thought I was fat then! But sports clothing is another story. I am trying to find some pants for walking the dog and a possible trip to snow shoe. So maybe some nylon pants. Well I tried on a large sweat pant and nylon pant at National sport yesterday. I couldn't get them on! So in the sports world is 14 considered too huge for clothes? It was a little demoralising after just being so happy to fit into size 14's. I guess I am back to xxl in sports stores if they carry it.

Monica M.
on 1/5/13 10:59 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

its just a number. Don't sweat it. Sizing seems to be arbitrary.

Lizzie54
on 1/5/13 11:17 pm - Canada

I agree with Monica.  Prior to using weight i couldn't even go near a sport store and now i would probably wear an x large, and i am okay with that!  I wear a size 14 pants now...

I find some of the sports stores are small sizing...And don't get me started on Lululemon!!! I would love to have a pair of pants from that store, but i don't think a size 12 would fit and they are so overpriced...I just retired so am on a budget..

I really do get annoyed with stores that do not carry bigger sizes, such as lululemon.....I wont' go on my rant about lululemon...if you can fit in them and have the $$$ then go for it....My opinion only...

I focus on the fact that i lost so much weight and not the size.

My rant for the morning.

Liz   

Marny B.
on 1/6/13 1:14 am - Canada

I agree with you about the over-pricing, but as for sizing, even though they say size 12....man do those yoga pants stretch. I wear a size 8 or 10 yoga pant there, but wear a 12 or 14 in pants regularly. My friend is about a size 20/22, and she owns and wears several pairs of their yoga pants. Sometimes the hoodies can be a bit snug, especially the thicker, winter ones. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

mermaidz
on 1/6/13 4:22 am - Brampton, Canada

Patm

This may not be your thing. BUT.. if you are at a size 14 you might want to consider going into Value Village for some exercise clothing. There? a 14 is a 14. That and you would be shocked at how many wonderful pieces of clothing people give away. I'm absolutely certain you can find what you want/need there.

I find specialty stores like National Sport (or other sports stores with the exception of the Running Room) to be very very overpriced and that they are taking advantage of the "athletes"

Trust me you can find snow pants or... try a Sears Liquidation store for pants that are nylon based and go over your track pants. They are warm as anything.

AND not to mention size 14?   That ROCKS!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Patm
on 1/6/13 5:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks I will tyr Value Village and Sears

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/13 4:25 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

PatM, size 14 woweeeeee that is totally amazing. If I can get to that weight. I may just may do a cart wheel.

CONGRATS.

Patm
on 1/6/13 5:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I wish I could do a cartwheel. LOL

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/13 8:18 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I can't either Pat, but I can always try.

JennR
on 1/6/13 7:43 am
I find that I can fit into a XL pant but not XL yoga pants which seemed designed to be very low rise and form fitting. Don't let it bother you too much, let it be an incentive that eventually you will fit into the pants that you want!

Most Active
Recent Topics