Optifast issues

BluEyz32
on 1/25/13 1:33 am - Canada

Hi all, I have been on Optifast since the 16th and am getting towards the end of my two weeks. Something that I noticed yesterday is that every time i consume one of my shakes I have noticed that my upper lip tends to go numb  and tingly, this lasts only an hour hour and a half or so. I had thought it was the cold weather until I was actually paying attention to it yesterday. Have any of you experienced this and if so what was the cause?

straberryz
on 1/25/13 3:00 am - Ottawa, Canada

you may have a mild allergy to aspartame?? my mouth feels funny when i drink pop that has aspartame in it. 

REF: October 3 '11 INFO SES: Dec 2 '11 NP :  June 13 '12 US: July 31'12 NUT/SW: August 1 '12 PSYCH: Sept 6 '12 MRI: Oct 3 '12 SURG CLASS: Nov 28 '12 MEET THE SURG JAN 28 '13 SURGERY FEB 20 '13

Nevergiveup28
on 1/25/13 9:05 am

I am on day 2 and on my first day I had a brutal headache followed by vomiting all day.  I called Dr. Hagens office and was able to speak to Dr Hagen. He did say some people are allergic  to Opti but that it was rare.  I managed to get half in at a time today with no vomiting so I am going to try my best to get the full shake in but if I can't I can't 

Good thing your almost done :)

Cuter_w_Curves
on 1/26/13 1:55 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Hi Bonnie,

I was scanning your thread and realized I didn't have you on the surgery list. Feel free to post a reply there, or PM me if you would like to be added.

I can see you have Dr Urbach, and yoor name is Bonnie from your posts... And that you are doing two weeks of Opti started on the 16th so I am guessing your date is the 30th but I do not want to assume and I do not know if you are having a RNY or VSG.

Congrats on your upcoming date.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics