Your funny for the day.... Opti Brain

Dar_Mab
on 2/28/13 2:41 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Okay,  I am on day 7 of Opti and so far so good.   Lost about 7 lbs.   No headaches. No dizziness.  Still doing all the normal things I do at home, at work and even on my volleyball team.  No noticeable change in energy. And other than a loud growling stomach early on,  all is good.        Having said that, I think I have got "opti brain".    LOL

In the past 24 hours I have done 2 very ditzy things that has caused my husband to raise his eyebrows at me and wonder what planet I am from.

Last night I left the car window down on passenger side of car.   It snowed last night.  Yep.. you get the picture. Could have made a snowman passenger out of the snow on the seat beside me this morning . Duh!   Never done that before.   Husband was duly unimpressed.

but here's the one that takes the cake......     Okay someone on here and at the clinic recommended you put decaf coffee in with the Opti to make a mocha taste.   Okay I thought I am game.   I found an old can of Tim Horton's decaf coffee in our cupboard that someone must have used years ago.             Now I do have say, up front in some defense of my bonehead move, that I never drank coffee so I never make coffee in the house.     Anyway,   I was trying to figure out how to get the coffee into my Opti.  So I decided that I would use the Keurig , put a mug with a couple of spoon fulls of the coffee in it, run the  Keurig and add ho****er.   Mixed.  Now while mixing I am looking and thinking   .... gee, those coffee grains don't seem to dissolve very well.

But then I thought... well I will pour the coffee into the blender and they will dissolve with the Opti and mixing it all up.   Nope not the case.   So at this point, I am thinking to myself...as I drank the Opti complete with the new mocha taste and coffee grains,  "boy, coffee drinkers must sure have a hard time keeping the grains out of their teeth".    And how yucky coffee grains taste.

Decided having Mocha taste wasn't all that great as some veterans or my clinic has suggested.

But wait... it gets better!

So I carry on with my day.... and then at noon for some reason it struck me that I was a complete idiot.   I realized why the old can had been up in our cupboard.. from back in the day when we had a regular coffee maker were you perked the coffee and you filtered the water through the grains to your cup.

If there was ever a Simpson "doh" moment , it was that.       Got home last night and mentioned it to my  husband and son and they roared their heads off with laugher .

Honestly I do have an MBA , consider myself reasonably intelligent  and my peers at work do too as well as my family.    But boy, I think my performance review would have to be re-examined if they heard about that move. 

I know my husband asked me this morning  "what did you do with my wife? "   as he stared at me strangely like I was an alien presence.

So I won't be taking up coffee drinking anytime soon and I will stick to my sugar free syrups for my Opti. Way less effort and taste way better.   

Just thought I would share in case anyone needs a laugh!   I wonder if there is such a thing as Opti Brain?  Well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Dar

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Dreamalittledream
on 2/28/13 2:46 am - Canada

Haha!   Awesome!  You're doing so good!  I too have tried the decaf and don't like.  Love my vanilla one with some cinnamon though!  See you on the other side;)

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

LilyBugsMommy
on 2/28/13 2:51 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

That was so funny!

I don't know if I have Optibrain or not, but I feel a bit foggy, lol! I am on day 8 of Optifast.

For the coffee thing, I don't drink coffee, so I am sure I could have done something like that too, not being the person that makes coffee in our house, lol!

FYI-I have found using extracts taste a lot better than the syrups. In case you want to try any :) I use banana, orange and lemon, very tasty! I just found with the syrups that between them and the Optifast itself, it was too much aspartame taste-yuck!

Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Monica M.
on 2/28/13 2:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i should have gone pee before i read this..... omg.... .lol..

Amanda F.
on 2/28/13 3:03 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

I used Nescafe CRYSTALS to get through the liquid pre-op diet.... love it! :)

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

gimpymom
on 2/28/13 3:03 am

am sitting here laughing out loud--my dogs are looking at me as if I went off my rocker 

thanks for the chuckle of the day

Johanna

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Patm
on 2/28/13 3:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Must definietly be the opti. Thank you for the laugh. and yes most of use instant coffee crystals added to the opti

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/28/13 3:25 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

bwaahhahahahahaah

I'm laughing so hard I have tears.

Instant Decaf. Crystals. Not ground beans!

*big hugs*

And yet... you drank it... That may go through you faster then expected FYI.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Amanda F.
on 2/28/13 3:36 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13
At least she got her fiber! lol

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/28/13 3:38 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

BWAHAHA

AND there goes the laughter so hard I am crying again!

LOL!

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics