Breakfast ideas ?

seebs
on 3/3/13 11:00 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Hey everyone I am happy to report I am shrinking by the second and I am getting bored of the usual scrambled egg or cheese and crackers so I wonder what do you eat for breakfast ?

seebs        

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/13 11:08 am - Straford, Canada

hot oatmeal or oatbran cereal with a half a mashed banana, a teaspoon maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a half cup unsweetened soy milk.  

A 3 ounce serving of ham cooked on the BBQ with a serving of Greek yogurt and a half dozen black or rasp berries.  

serving of kashi lean with a half cup of unsweetened soy milk, a small bowl of fresh fruit.

holy crap cereal with unsweetened soy milk and two tablespoons plain 0% Greek yoghurt plus a half dozen fresh rasp or blackberries.  

eggbites.

two eggs with a mashed up over ripe banana with 2 Tablespoons ground flax and a sprinkle of cinnamon, frothed with an immersion blender, spray a non stick fry pan with non stick spray and over med/high heat cook about 2 Tablespoons mixture until bubbling then flip, cook for a minute or so and serve like mini pancakes.  delicious!  

seebs
on 3/3/13 11:14 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

mmmmmmmmmmm thanks but what is " holy crap" cereal ?

seebs        

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/13 11:21 am - Straford, Canada
seebs
on 3/3/13 11:29 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Thank you Ian appreciate your help !

Have a great week.

Jen

seebs        

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/13 8:05 pm - Straford, Canada

Thanks Jen!  U2! The holy crap cereal can be bought at many retailers now and it is pricey but lasts a long time.  I make my own now, pick up the things in it (there's only three ingredients) at Bulk Barn and mix it myself. Still not cheap but neither is any cereal, Kashi is very expensive but the Lean is hard to beat when you're a protein hound!  I use allrecipes.com extensively, their search engine is hard to beat and the rating system on each recipe lets you know what others have done to change the recipe if needed.  It also has the nutrients listed for each recipe.  

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/3/13 9:45 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I love the Kashi go lean protein cereal mmmm

Amanda F.
on 3/3/13 11:45 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

Holy Crap is sold at Shopper's Drug Marts throughout Toronto, so it doesn't necessarily have to be purchased online. It's too expensive for me, so I stick with my Kashi which doesn't bother me because it's my favorite cereal... pre and post-op!

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Amanda F.
on 3/3/13 11:41 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

My go-to breakfast is Kashi with some berries and Almond Breeze milk. I also stir in some extra protein and soluble fiber.

I also enjoy making Ham and egg bites as well as nut butter protein balls, so I can just grab and go if I'm running behind in the mornings.

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

seebs
on 3/3/13 11:49 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Thanks so much I just posted another question ... how do I find the recipes lol

seebs        

Most Active
Recent Topics