Up's and Down's Happily More Up's than Down's though.

BluEyz32
on 3/4/13 11:05 am - Canada

Haven't posted in a little bit so I thought I would leave a quick post. I am now just over Four weeks out and down 54 lbs since I started Optifast on January 16th Surgery was January 31st. As Many of you know I have had a hard time with Nausea and since last week I have added vomiting to that mixture. I have to stress even with all the fun I have been having I would go through this process ten times or even 100 times over. I had my one month follow-up last week and discovered a few things. I do not need to be on par with everyone else I can take my own time getting through the different stages I do not need to compare to everyone else and this is something I have been struggling with a'lot lately. I have been able to keep down a few things now both today and yesterday I kept  down my cereal and milk with protein powder mixed in. My Blood pressure is perfect now my blood Sugar is 4.0 which is also perfect. I no longer am on any of the medications I was taking preop including my anti depressant Cipralex. I have tried to eat a few things that I am not ready for tonight I made Italian style meatloaf and New England Clam Chowder from the "book" (The Complete Weight-Loss Surgery Guide and Diet Program) written by Sue Ekserci and Dr Laz Klein. Buy this book it is amazing. Tonight I mixed the meatloaf with my mashed potatoes and pureed the heck out of it I thought it was going to stay down and it did for about 45 mins and then it came back up. That being said I thin****pt half of it down. Yayyyyy this for me is very exciting. I saw the Resident who had readmitted me not long after being released the first time, on Friday and they are going to do a Scope to see if I have developed an ulcer and if that may be causing the Nausea and Vomiting. I want to thank every single person for their support and fantastic idea's sometimes all you need is a virtual hug and I have received so many of these. My Goal for this week is to stay off the scale and keep going. Tomorrow I start my Pharmacy Assistant Practicum and I go back to "Normal life" I am sure it is going to be filled with challenges, I am ready for them I even have all of tomorrow's food planned out, If I get it in awesome If not then I'll do what I can. Thank's for listening to me rant you are all amazing people. In closing I will again say no matter what difficulties I am going through or even if I go through more it's all worth it because it is helping me become a better me all around.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kristaeb
on 3/4/13 11:27 am

Thank-you for your post. I think it is a very important thing you touched on. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT, and some will move into different stages before others . That doesnt mean there is something wrong. Great insight for those of us waiting our turn. Keep plugging away and congrats to you. Thanks Krista.

Artimesia
on 3/4/13 11:53 am - Toronto, Canada

great to read your update, B, you have made excellent progress.  It is a good report and I hereby send you a virtual hug.  Keep up the good work and good luck with your next steps in your professional program;  you are well on your way!

Sheila

p.s. hope Friday's procedure goes well, too.

BluEyz32
on 3/4/13 11:57 am - Canada

Thank's Sheila, Hugs to you also Procedure isn't till April 11th I saw Dr Hong Chong Wong last Friday. She said I looked much better not a ghost now and could not get over how much weight I have lost in the month since getting out of the Hospital. Hope I see you on Wednesday. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Artimesia
on 3/4/13 12:33 pm - Toronto, Canada

ok, understood, hope that you have less of those symptoms between now and  April 11th...yes, I plan to be there Wed night, Sheila

Cuter_w_Curves
on 3/4/13 12:53 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Thank you for the update Bonnie!

OMG I can't wait to see you in person!

And you are so right... We cannot compare ourselves to others. *hugs*

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

PatMVL
on 3/4/13 9:48 pm - Courtice, Canada
Hi Shell. Is there a support group that meets in this area on Wednesdays? I'm still trying to locate one around here (I'm in Courtice) but I'm having a hard time finding one! Also, how do I find an angel? Thanks for any help!
Pat

HRRH Referral: August 2, 2012, Information Session: Jan 10, 2013, Surgeon: Jan 28, 2013, SW, RN, RD, Internist and PATT Feb 26, 2013, Surgery: March 12, 2013.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/4/13 8:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Glad you're doing better now!  And good luck with continuing your studies full time today.  I hope everything goes well for you.  If I am able to make it, I'll see you tomorrow at TWH if you're going to the group thing.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 3/4/13 9:37 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Really good to hear from you. I was wondering how you were. You attitude is amazing. I wish you luck with your practicum. I have to be at Sunnybrook tomorrow morning at 7:30 for pre-op stuff so not sure i will stay awake for the TWH meeting.

I wish you continued luck with your journey

DeborahV54
on 3/4/13 11:15 pm - Mississauga, ON, Canada

Glad to see you doing so well.  Thank you for posting the name of that book.  I will look for it.  Hope to see you tomorrow night.  Keep on smiling. 

Most Active
Recent Topics