Survived Day 2 on Optifast..

funnelcloud
on 3/23/13 11:59 am

Wow, day 2 almost behind me just one more Optifast to go for today......  now it helped that i napped  today....lols...the joys of Fibromyalgia.

I even managed to cook up my stuffed green peppers...and they are going into the deep freeze....and no I didn't cheat..but boy was that a temptation.

I am writing down what I eat...my exciting diet of...OPTIFAST, clear beef or chicken broth, sugar free jello.... and sugar free lozenges to suck on....oh yes...my crystal light and water. 

I have another member who told me day 3 is the hump day and some say day 5.... any comments?  positive ones only needed....tks...  I appreciate the support i've gotten so far...tks all.

funnelcloud(Barb)

1greeneyedgirl
on 3/23/13 12:51 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

It sounds like you are off to a very good start, hope it get easier for you each day.  How many Optifast can you have in one day?

Cathy wink

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

funnelcloud
on 3/23/13 2:18 pm

i must have four pouches a day  4-5 hrs apart

up to april 11,2013  surgery  april 12. 2013

funnelcloud(Barb)

1greeneyedgirl
on 3/24/13 5:29 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Thanks Barb, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.  enlightened

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

JJ_
on 3/23/13 7:40 pm

I was on Optifast for 3 weeks prior to surgery.  I found it to be a period of time that was mind altering.  I watched other people and their food choices, I attended a family Christmas dinner, saw ads for food everywhere in the environment and learned that I can do difficult things on the road to something greater.

Optifast is a good way to detox from a life of overeating.  Everyone's hump day will be different.  I found I was in a good rhythm of shakes by day 4.  By the time I realized that I was hungry it was time for another shake.

Good luck on your journey.

Judy

jellyfishattack
on 3/23/13 8:38 pm, edited 3/23/13 8:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi Barb,

One thing I forgot to mention is that you can take your store bought chicken broth and spice it up and make it taste a lot better by taking 2 or 3 PC Blue Menu chicken broth (10 calories/cup) tetrapacks and simmering them with 2 bay leaves, 6 fresh sprigs of thyme, a bunch of fresh parsley, and some chopped cloves of garlic.  That really works wonders and you can leave the herbs in the pot when you put it in the fridge and strain out the herbs as you take each mugful out to eat.  If you don't chop the herbs up too much (except for the garlic), you'll have an easier time straining the broth.  It makes the chicken broth smell wonderful too.

Congratulations for enduring day 2 of Opti!

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

finaly4me79
on 3/24/13 1:37 am

I am on day 4 and I think I went over that hump on day 2. I have not felt any hunger what so ever nor had cravings. I get to have 4 optifast shakes,1 cup of broth, 1 cup of sf jell-o and sf popsicles. I find that by evening I am not in the mood for my 2nd 1/2 cup of broth. I feel to full. I even have a hard time getting the last half of my optifast shake down. I have lost 5 lbs so farkiss

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

funnelcloud
on 3/24/13 2:40 am

Congrats on the 5 lbs weight loss!

I'm on day 3 today...I just had my 2nd Optifast of the day.  i do not like this stuff...but It's worth while tolerating it.

I am quite hungry...my stomach's been gurgling in between meals and at night....I've had broth, sugar free jello,  I need to get sugar free popsicles.  I know i've lost lbs...but I won't know how much till i use my GP's scale on April 2nd.  I drink water and crystal light...so, I don't know what else I can do..but be patient...

I intend to continue...despite the side effects like diarrhea....which has been mild...    Nothing ever comes easy to me...but I am determined to be successful.

All the best on your journey.

funnelcloud (Barb)

Most Active
Recent Topics