Surgery Monday

birdiegirl
on 4/19/13 8:36 pm

Yeah we all get nervous going into surgery.....but do your best to keep your emotions under control - this will help you....

The surgeons and team are highly trained....you are young.....and this will help you to get healthy for a good long life

All the best on Monday

2mar
on 4/19/13 9:18 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

Maybe "I'm a strange duck" ( no feedback needed on this one  ) but I was not scared before this surgery.

I knew I was going to be in excellent and experienced hands.

It is all about "checking the odds".  Crossing the street - being overweight - etc... had a much higher risk than a controlled surgical environment.

Think positive - I am SO looking forward to have you 2 on the bench - and I am mooooooooooving an making room.

Best of luck to both - and let us know how you are doing.

Nice deep breath - and things will be fine.

heart

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Dar_Mab
on 4/19/13 10:17 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Remain steady!  Perfectly natural response at this stage.  Remember they are skilled people in this operating room and they want the surgery to be successful too.   So you will have a whole team of people rooting for you in there!

Look forward to hearing about the success. Best of luck for a speedy recovery

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

G_mama_d
on 4/19/13 11:51 pm - North Bay, Canada
Best of luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Moselle
on 4/19/13 11:52 pm - Athens, Canada

Being a little scared is normal but the surgeon would have explained the odds. (which are low unless you have some serious co-morbidities that increase your chances) My suggestion is that you take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. Two more sleeps and you will be joining us on the loser's bench.  Yahooooo!

I wish you all the best for your surgery on Monday and a speedy pain-free recovery.  Hugs. Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Laurie2013
on 4/20/13 12:04 am - Canada
RNY on 04/22/13

I"m also having surgery Monday at 8am! and I'm feeling the same way! Up to this point I have been super excited to have the surgery but since Friday (when they called me to tell me what time to be there) it made it so much more real and I am now very nervous and starting to question if I made the right choices....Argh! its so exciting but so nerve wracking all at the same time!!! Good Luck on Monday! Wishing you a speedy recovery! Will be thinking of you!!! We will have to exchange stories when we are on the bench! :)

Referral -11/22/2011 , Orientation - 1/26/2012,  NUT, RN, SW - 3/23/2012 , Met Dr. Mamazza - 2/26/2013, Start Opti - 4/1/2013, PATTS - 4/17/213, Surgery - 4/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics