no weight loss

finaly4me79
on 4/22/13 12:54 am

I really did not want to lose weight to fast but this has gottin crazy. I have not lost anything in over a week now. I actually put 2 pounds back on. Is this normal so soon after my WLS? I can for sure see the difference in my body. things are shifting but a little worried. Is this maybe cause I am a light weight in the first place?

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

Monica M.
on 4/22/13 12:57 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

need a few details. How far out are you? have you used the search function for "stalls"? do you know that stalls are a natural part of this whole process?

finaly4me79
on 4/22/13 1:09 am

18 days out. I have looked up stalls but did not think it would happen so soon.

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

Monica M.
on 4/22/13 1:16 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

they happen when you least expect it. At this stage of the game, your body has no choice but to lose weight. It is IMPOSSIBLE not to.

PATIENCE. put your scale away, just keep doing the right things.

muchmore2
on 4/22/13 6:55 am

My friend...stalls can happen ANYTIME and for as long as THEY feel like it LOL...seems that way anyway.  HONESTLY, I am just NOW out of 7 almost 8 week stall.  I was stuck at 290 from the time of my one month follow up.  I am now just over 3 months and honestly today was the day I got on the scale and was FINALLY at 283 but I was stuck between 290-294 for WEEKS.

Hang in there hun, its FRUSTRATING..I KNOW..but put the scale away and concentrate on what you're eating and what activity you're allowed to do :) 

Chin up, I promise it does get better :)

Robin 

Taking Back MY Life

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/22/13 8:16 am - Windsor, Canada

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Arlio1207
on 4/22/13 11:41 pm - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Thanks for sharing that link Dawn, awesome read !!!! 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

aidan
on 4/22/13 1:11 am - Canada

VERY Normal! Frustrating but normal. At the 3 week mark I stalled for 2 weeks. I think you should probably put away your scales for a bit! :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/13 1:33 am - Straford, Canada

yup, relax and concentrate on basics, water, protein, getting your butt moving!  Enjoy your day, go shopping, walking, wandering! 

2mar
on 4/22/13 1:39 am
RNY on 09/20/12

Indeed - and use a program like myfitnesspal to write all your food down.  The rest will just follow.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Most Active
Recent Topics